Order placed - roll on November (December?)

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Hi Ian and congrats on the decision and order.

Seems a great spec and I agree the pricey GTS interior didn't get my tick either, However you should maybe consider the full leather interior for about £1k from memory, I went for it and makes the interior a lovely special place to be. Agree on not going for air or Sports Chrono, I went for the later and never look near it although the little clock on the dash looks great I will admit,

happy days

Post by happy days »

Kids? Heated rear seats are great for them.
Macan S D
718 S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Isleaiw wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:42 pm Nice spec Isleaiw.

If you are firm and ready you should lock down on your spec. If not then wait until ready but you should be ready to commit it so you do not get bumped down the queue. Not saying that happens but if your locked down you have shown your commitment.

I found this on my spec lock down early and my wait time was less than 4 months during a very busy period and also if a cancellation comes up you may be asked first...
Either way you will have a great Christmas present :D
Thanks - the SE says lockdown and rest of deposit in late August, he knows if there is an earlier slot I will take it and can firm up on demand if required. In the meantime I am enjoying the "what if" playing on the confuserator and checking every time I see a Macan in real life that looks nice..... There are others trying to influence the spec who like things like Turbo 21" wheels and different colours so I am still listening (sort of) to their comments.... But as I kerb wheels whatever car I have I am trying to avoid black and / or 21s.....

If anyone is near Hemel and knows a good detailer though I think I can be encouraged to spend money on a good new car protection....
Ok that sounds good.
I went 20" sport designs as a number of others have too even on GTS's. They look great and nice to clean and with the surround camera makes it as safe as you can get for not kerbing...

Keep playing wit the confuserator and you should have a 911 delivered fro Christmas :D ;)
GTS 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

GTS interior.....what's not to like....???? :oops: :oops:
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

MCDK wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:49 pm Hi Ian and congrats on the decision and order.

Seems a great spec and I agree the pricey GTS interior didn't get my tick either, However you should maybe consider the full leather interior for about £1k from memory, I went for it and makes the interior a lovely special place to be. Agree on not going for air or Sports Chrono, I went for the later and never look near it although the little clock on the dash looks great I will admit,
If I spec more leather I will lose BOSE - price matters! Havent seen extended leather to see what is different.....

No heated rear seats - no kids except a grandson in a car seat, and those that do go in are old enough to buy their own cars and choose accordingly!

My biggest disappointment is the exterior colours - ideally I would have a rich metallic red (ruby red in BMW individual or Fusion Red in the new XC60) , with a nice Agate Grey interior. Given the poor options, I've worked backwards from what I wont have to see what is left! Not white or black - too much like hard work to look after, not red - I reserve that for smaller sportier cars, Sapphire is a bit bright for me - so Silver or Grey. Volcano looks a bit dark and half my cars seem to have been silver so Agate for a change - plus the one in Porsche Mayfair looked very good....
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Paul wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:31 pm GTS interior.....what's not to like....???? :oops: :oops:
The price!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Isleaiw wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 pm
Paul wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:31 pm GTS interior.....what's not to like....???? :oops: :oops:
The price!
......it's a fair point and well made :oops: ..........but in my defence it does look really nice....and my man maths (sort of) worked when I priced it in.... ;)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

If you want to see silver GTS with the wheels see my pics on below link. Assume you have listened rob bose and the standard audio system. I found Bose not enough of an improvement and spent money on other options.

Agree with a Paul the GTS interior is lovely and I have it but it's expensive so only if budget allows.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4974&p=98585&hilit=Wife#p98585
GTS 😀
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:49 pm If you want to see silver GTS with the wheels see my pics on below link. Assume you have listened rob bose and the standard audio system. I found Bose not enough of an improvement and spent money on other options.

Agree with a Paul the GTS interior is lovely and I have it but it's expensive so only if budget allows.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4974&p=98585&hilit=Wife#p98585
Beautiful and does tempt me to another silver car but am going to stick with Agate for now....

Love the interior but can't justify it...

Nope, not tried the two systems (I know, I know) but happy to spend a little more on it having had Bose or similar in a succession of Volvos and Audi...
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Pete wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 pm Isn't this a month before the new facelift model is released in December..?

Brave of you to order one of the last of the current model, most would have waited a bit longer....
Sound advice, perhaps. I was speaking with Tewkesbury OPC this morning about the rumoured Macan facelift and was told that although they knew nothing! (and maybe the MOC knew more :lol:) But that Porsche operated a 4 and 8 year cycle and 2018 does correspond with Porsche's year 4 cycle for facelifts.

The year 8 new model cycle would then take us to 2022 and presumably the fabled electronic version.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀