Order placed - roll on November (December?)

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Hi all, been lurking and looking for a week or two and have now taken the plunge...

Macan GTS - Agate Grey and Black leather
Usual options - pan roof, surround view, LED lights, spare wheel, heated seats and steering, 14 ways comfort seats, BOSE, light comfort package, speed limit display, storage pack, power steering plus....

Gone for the 20" Sport Design wheels as I didnt want black and didnt want 21s....

Now the wait begins... been told November build but not yet sure if that means it will be ready in Nov or December.

My first Porsche. complete extravagance that I dont really need but hey, life is short.....

Supplying dealer - Solihull (not near home, work, previous home or anything else - just a random occurence!)

My ears are closed to any attempts to spend any more of my money....

Ian

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Call Sollihull OPC now and lock down, then you won't be lead astray!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

goron59 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:03 pm Call Sollihull OPC now and lock down, then you won't be lead astray!
I'll run the risk....
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Isleaiw wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm
goron59 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:03 pm Call Sollihull OPC now and lock down, then you won't be lead astray!
I'll run the risk....
:)
Post your porsche code then, and let everyone at you!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Pete

Post by Pete »

Isn't this a month before the new facelift model is released in December..?

Brave of you to order one of the last of the current model, most would have waited a bit longer....
happy days

Post by happy days »

Pete wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 pm Isn't this a month before the new facelift model is released in December..?

Brave of you to order one of the last of the current model, most would have waited a bit longer....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Pete wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 pm Isn't this a month before the new facelift model is released in December..?

Havent read anything that gives a firm date yet and frankly if you keep waiting you will never get anything....

based on Porsche history I will not be able to spot the changes outside and the most likely change inside are touchscreens that I dont want....

But if it does look nice I will just join the long waiting list for another...
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

goron59 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:59 pm
Isleaiw wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm
I'll run the risk....
:)
Post your porsche code then, and let everyone at you!
Didnt save it but the list above is a pretty exhaustive spec list per order form...

so it doesnt have:

sport chrono - I would never use it
air - I can live without given the price
GTS interior - can live without it for £3k

any other must haves that I havent had? My budget was £65k and I'm a tad over anyway, but its ok as clydesdale are cheaper than I expected...
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Nice spec Isleaiw.

If you are firm and ready you should lock down on your spec. If not then wait until ready but you should be ready to commit it so you do not get bumped down the queue. Not saying that happens but if your locked down you have shown your commitment.

I found this on my spec lock down early and my wait time was less than 4 months during a very busy period and also if a cancellation comes up you may be asked first...
Either way you will have a great Christmas present :D
GTS 😀
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:42 pm Nice spec Isleaiw.

If you are firm and ready you should lock down on your spec. If not then wait until ready but you should be ready to commit it so you do not get bumped down the queue. Not saying that happens but if your locked down you have shown your commitment.

I found this on my spec lock down early and my wait time was less than 4 months during a very busy period and also if a cancellation comes up you may be asked first...
Either way you will have a great Christmas present :D
Thanks - the SE says lockdown and rest of deposit in late August, he knows if there is an earlier slot I will take it and can firm up on demand if required. In the meantime I am enjoying the "what if" playing on the confuserator and checking every time I see a Macan in real life that looks nice..... There are others trying to influence the spec who like things like Turbo 21" wheels and different colours so I am still listening (sort of) to their comments.... But as I kerb wheels whatever car I have I am trying to avoid black and / or 21s.....

If anyone is near Hemel and knows a good detailer though I think I can be encouraged to spend money on a good new car protection....