Facelift

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

Firstly, thanks to all you guys (and gals?) for a wonderful, informative forum. I've been reading it for the last few days and it's been really helpful and fun to read.

OPTIONS
I have paid my £3000 deposit on a Macan and have just been offered a delivery date of November by OPC Bristol. Having read the forum exhaustively about what options to specify, I have bust my self-imposed budget and spec'd out a Macan SD. This is currently PJ2KW9F5 but I might tweak it when I approach lock down. Comments about that spec would be gratefully received. I have not yet given that spec to my SE because...

FACELIFT
....further online research tells me that the Macan is about undergo a facelift. We all know that some facelifts are minimalist and barely worthwhile. But what do you guys know about the one planned for the Macan and when is it going to happen? Of course, I have emailed my SE and asked him for these details but he seems to be very busy atm and I'd appreciate some unbiased views on the planned changes.

Thanks in anticipation.
Last edited by Deleted User 1895 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

An online search will bring up some pics from an American mag / website - but if it hadnt said facelift I am not sure I would have known.... There are also rumours of the revised engines from the Panamera - which would make sense. However, none of the UK mags seems to have any suggestion as to available from date for the UK. I'd imagine a launch at a car show in early 2018 (maybe March) and deliveries in the UK from April perhaps - but all supposition and guesswork....

You can always wait for the next big new thing - I'm going to have first available to me as it will be all I have wanted and FL wont be sufficiently different....
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

Disguised 2019 Macans have been photographed during road testing and the exterior changes appear to be quite small. A wider front grill wlth slightly different headlights and maybe full width rear lights seems to be it. The interior changes are still unknown, but I don't think they will stretch to a Panamera style system. The petrol engines will be replaced by more efficient Audi/Porsche developed 3 litre V6's for the S and GTS and a more powerful 440bhp 2.9 litre from the new Panamera S in the Macan Turbo, so they say. I have seen no mention of an upgraded diesel.
They will be available from June 2018
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Isleaiw wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:58 pm
You can always wait for the next big new thing - I'm going to have first available to me as it will be all I have wanted and FL wont be sufficiently different....
Agree. Unless it was a month or two away I would order now. No doubt facelift will also incur an increase in cost which if a consideration makes current model even more worth an order now.

Really nice spec. Assume you have gone diesel because of mileage?
You have really added all the main ingredients to make it a super drive 👍

Consider sport design mirrors as I feel it finishes the look of the car.
GTS 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I was speaking with Tewkesbury OPC this morning about the rumoured Macan facelift and was told that although they knew nothing! (and maybe the MOC knew more :lol:) Porsche operated a 4 and 8 year cycle and that 2018 does correspond with Porsche's year 4 cycle for facelifts.

Year 8 would of course be 2022 and the 'fabled' electronic version!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1895

Kasfranks99 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:00 pm
Isleaiw wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:58 pm
Agree. Unless it was a month or two away I would order now. No doubt facelift will also incur an increase in cost which if a consideration makes current model even more worth an order now.

Really nice spec. Assume you have gone diesel because of mileage?
You have really added all the main ingredients to make it a super drive 👍

Consider sport design mirrors as I feel it finishes the look of the car.
I reckon I'll do at least 12,000 miles a year but the choice is influenced by other factors: in a former life, I was an accountant and I still object to wasting money on fuel. More importantly, I currently have a BMW 640D (convertible) - a fabulous engine - and I love the low down pull of a good diesel. That car says a lot about my driving style and requirements: I'm no longer a boy racer and I don't need the ultimate speed machine.
Deleted User 1895

Update: my SE has responded quickly with the following:

"There is a facelift next year, but no official dates as yet. Nothing will be released yet by Porsche re. changes and pricing. The new Cayenne arrives first in April/May 2018 so the Macan facelift is expected afterwards."

A bit non committal but possibly helpful on timing: I can't wait nearly a year to get my Macan.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Plenty of rumours and speculation.....Porsche " facelifts" can't normally be distinguished from the previous model unless parked side by side (and then only by anoraks😉)

Waiting a year for an unknown quantity (and price) wouldn't be my choice....and the very first new models are normally short on spec too, preparing for the next year's model upgrade and so on....you could wait indefinitely!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm Plenty of rumours and speculation.....Porsche " facelifts" can't normally be distinguished from the previous model unless parked side by side (and then only by anoraks😉)
Fractional visual changes are a defining element of Porsche's DNA. Isn't that one of the reasons we all love them so much?

I think it will be mostly under the skin plus the Sports+ widget on the wheel and the Panny console. And very likely some engine/software mods to maybe get a fraction more performance, the economy up a bit and the tax band down.

I remember a piece in Car years and years ago about facelifts saying that the designers were allowed work all year on fanciful redesigns then ultimately told to just modify the light clusters!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hmmm - not sure about the Panamera console/dashboard treatment. I think that might be a step too far for a mid-life facelift. But I agree on the steering wheel mounted Sport mode selector where SC is specced, as the 991.2 got this.

We'll see... :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018