Facelift

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

No way are they going to change the bulkhead architecture to accommodate a Panamera style dash in a mid model facelift. The Macan is selling well so not much needed other than a few trim and wheel changes.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I love buttons and I dislike touch screens. So my Macan might be with me for a lot longer than I first imagined! Or my timing will have to be pretty good to catch the last of the line with 'proper' controls, whichever car that might be.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

With the number of PCM problems of various kinds mentioned on here they are almost obliged to do something drastic on the PCM front and having it already developed and working in the Panamera why would you not fit it or a derivative of it?
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
goron59

Post by goron59 »

bigbaldybloke wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:00 am With the number of PCM problems of various kinds mentioned on here they are almost obliged to do something drastic on the PCM front and having it already developed and working in the Panamera why would you not fit it or a derivative of it?
Panamera PCM is only a small evolution over the latest Macan PCM. The only real difference is the cabin switchgear. The main problems with PCM have been the transition from 3.5 to 4 and the ugly mess that is [PCM|Porsche] Connect [Plus].

So no, [the implied fix] is not "already developed and working in the Panamera"
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Marra

Post by Marra »

Very interesting discussion here between people who know the Macan inside out - as a newbie both to the Macan and Porsche, I have to say that I think the interior looks great and has the right amount of tech for me. The problem with tech is that it's obsolete as soon as you get it whether it's compute, phones, TVs or cars.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If we ignore the Connect element of the PCM for a minute, then what is wrong with the PCM as it is?

-ve
Radio not displaying the correct or any station logo in whole or in part.
SatNav can be flaky regarding inputting destinations and the resulting selection offered.
Default radio not as it was when car switched off.

+ve
Mobile Bluetooth works just fine on my Turbo.
All the various Menus work and do what they are supposed to do.

Now on to Connect.

Is this really where the problems lie?

The interface between the mobile and Car Play being effective and useable?

I do not use the Car Play sufficiently to bother too much about it, but I would like to know others thoughts on just what is wrong with the PCM.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Compared to other manufactures, Porsches PCM has always been 2 or 3 generations behind. Because the cars drive so much better, it probably makes them complacent about info 'tech'.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I don't seem to experience any of these PCM issues, works fine for me and I use it a lot for radio, SD card, nav, MyHome screens, CarPlay etc.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

CharlesElliott wrote:I don't seem to experience any of these PCM issues, works fine for me and I use it a lot for radio, SD card, nav, MyHome screens, CarPlay etc.
+1. I find it to be good and reliable and if anything, it does a lot more than I probably need it to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hawkeye wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 am
CharlesElliott wrote:I don't seem to experience any of these PCM issues, works fine for me and I use it a lot for radio, SD card, nav, MyHome screens, CarPlay etc.
+1. I find it to be good and reliable and if anything, it does a lot more than I probably need it to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+2 - none if the above problems on mine either (maybe my non-connect version has less to go wrong!😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465