New Order - Nearly Here.....if I want it yet

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the time you have spent creating such a useful forum, it has been a great assistance when looking at buying into the Porsche brand.

I have watching from a distance for a few months, I am indecisive enough as it is without additional inputs to make my decision harder. As you can see from the spec on the build code, I did a good job of getting carried away on options without assistance.

The only fly in the ointment is whether or not I wait for the new registration. I can get by with the current motor quite happily but I am a sucker for new toys!

The Macan will be a Midnight Blue GTS, full spec = PJNB99M4 (please note, I have gone for the silver spyders, not the black as the picture shows).

I look forward to learning a lot more about the car, thank you all.

Regards

Steve

martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Hello and welcome. I'm presuming your car is locked down with that spec and you're not seeking comments? Seems you have ticked a lot of the boxes generally recommended around here and a few that some people would have tried to talk you out of :)

When is your car due to be delivered?
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

It is all to easy to get carried away, but there again, why not!

Enjoy your wait as best you can.

You will know the forum rule, images to post or it did not happen
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20โ€ wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

Hi Martin,

Yes, very 'locked down' - it is built and sitting at the dealer ready for collection!

I can pick it up Monday, if I want (I jumped onto another thread reference waiting for new plate in September). So soon or very very soon.
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

Thank you Col Lamb, will aim to oblige.
Paul

Post by Paul »

My opinion (per the other thread you mention) would be to wait for Sept; tail end of July reg makes no residual sense (if you are worried about such details๐Ÿ˜‰)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and a cracking game spec. I thought I liked ticking boxes but you have certainly found another one or two ๐Ÿ˜Š

looking forward to the pics.

Please make sure you go get yourself a key case that blocks the signal on the key as you have Entry and drive. I won't go into the story of what has just happened on a friends london street but several cars have gone missing in 2 weeks. They cost ยฃ10 from Amazon or eBay.

Enjoy the car as it will be a fantastic drive.
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€
Paul

Post by Paul »

Kasfranks99 wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:11 pm Welcome and a cracking game spec. I thought I liked ticking boxes but you have certainly found another one or two ๐Ÿ˜Š

looking forward to the pics.

Please make sure you go get yourself a key case that blocks the signal on the key as you have Entry and drive. I won't go into the story of what has just happened on a friends london street but several cars have gone missing in 2 weeks. They cost ยฃ10 from Amazon or eBay.

Enjoy the car as it will be a fantastic drive.
^^

Bazza may still have his foc one he aquired recently if you ask nicely๐Ÿ˜‰
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

Thank you for the heads up Kasfranks99. I have had KeylessGo for the last 4 years, so it has become a bit of habit. I will however look into the key case.

Much appreciated.
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Nice spec Steviemac. What are you getting rid of? Let me guess...a Tesla lol :D
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S