New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

Hello from a new member. My last two cars have been Range Rover Sports, however, having a number of issues from new with the last one and an indifferent customer experience with my dealer, I ordered a Macan Gts in May which is now confirmed for an October delivery.

I am doing the Silverstone experience at the end of August and then have an appointment to lock down the specification.

My latest spec. Is Porsche code PJDA4YT4. However, I am undecided on colour and think I may go with black. The other unknown for me is whether to go with air suspension or not. I borrowed a GTS from the dealer with air suspension for an afternoon and it was great. However, not sure if the normal PASM is ok. This will be my daily car and will be doing 20-25k mile per annum.

Any suggestions would be welcome whilst I try to decide over the next few weeks.
Sapphire blue Macan GTS
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJZ7F2T6

Pete

Post by Pete »

A warm welcome to you. I've also come from Land Rover land and reports of poor customer service isn't unknown.

If you take a look around on the forums, there's many discussions of air vs. steel, but it really comes down to preference and you won't be disappointed in either choice. Choosing air does give you the ability to adjust the ride height as well as the firmness of the springs.

You might want to include Power Steering Plus as this makes parking a lot easier, and the Smokers Pack gives you an electrical outlet in the centre console (as well as a little lid over the cubby hole).

I think Sapphire looks nice - Black might be a bit on the common side (it's not easy to see a black car in a car park surrounded by other black cars).
Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

Thanks Pete, I will have a look at those options. I know what you mean, black is quite common these days, but the Macan does look good with its black theme. I guess it's going to be pretty good in either colour.
Sapphire blue Macan GTS
Pete

Post by Pete »

No problem.

You might want to take a look through this thread

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4942

Which contains discussion on the merits of the many configuration options and packages.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

On the air question, I spent about a week driving a macan with air and I personally found it made me feel a little car sick. I have PASM only and drive constantly in Sport setting (throttle and suspension) as I find the normal setting a little floaty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

PASM on my SD gave a great ride in all conditions.

My Turbo has air and the ride comfort is considerably better, put the PASM in Sport or Sport+ and the suspension firms up nicely.

Never have I or my passengers felt the floating sensation but do acknowledge others do and in fact one member suffered so badly they had to trade the car in.

If you can try back to back test drives over the same circuits to determine what is best for you.

I took an air suspended Turbo around the country lanes near the PEC prior to my lockdown to test out if air worked for both my Wife and I.

Ps

Spec looks good do add the extras that have been suggested, also do remember to add a Spare Wheel plus buy a couple of cans of sealant/inflator to give you options if you have a flat.

See what happened to me recently in thread

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6178&hilit=Value+of+a+Spare+wheel
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

Thanks all, I think a back to back test drive will help on the suspension. I have driven both, an SD with PASM and GTS with air. I found them both fine, but my wife did feel a bit sick in the GTS. That might have been down to some enthusiastic testing of the sport + button though!
Sapphire blue Macan GTS
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and what a lovely Spec. Personally i love Sapphire Blue with the 21" Classics.

My personal thoughts would be as follows

Consider removing Entry and drive due to security reasons well documented. Even the manufacturers (not just Porsche) are putting disclaimers in "However, it cannot be completely ruled out that the key´s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle".
At the very least if you do want to keep Entry and drive please purchase a signal blocking wallet.

Consider surround view cameras as you do have 21" Wheels. Depends on your commute and where you park.
Power steering plus - Especially as having 21" wheels this will make parking steering lighter.

I find PASM on the GTS more than perfect. I would take the opportunity to test both and make sure you are happy as everyone is different and also depends on what car you have come from?

Whatever you pick you will certainly have a fantastic car to drive.
GTS 😀
Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

Thanks Kasfranks99. The reason for the entry and drive is that I have the on my current and previous RR Sport and have got used to it. However, the security of the system isn't something that I have previously considered and you do have a point. Interesting points on the other items - I can see that this is going to cost me.....
Sapphire blue Macan GTS
Pete

Post by Pete »

I personally feel that there isn't that much of a security issue for the entry/drive system unless a hacker is standing within a metre of you while you lock/unlock the car. Using a standard remote lock is probably more insecure as the radio has a longer range. But do your own reading up on this. I've always felt that keyless entry is safer and I've not ready anything that's convinced me it's not the case.

Obviously, no method is safe from someone waving a knife in your face.