New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
missile

Post by missile »

MCDK wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:21 pm SQ5 to a Macan is a path a few of us here have done and it's a great upgrade. I went GTS as the SD Macan really hadn't the performance or sounds of the SQ5. I test drove the diesel and then the petrol, didn't take long for my decision to be made.
I found the SD was fast enough and prefer the torque and better fuel consumption for my daily driver.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

missile wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 pm Thanks again for your comments.

I test drove the Macan without PASM and it felt good enough for me. Compliant enough for the rough pot holed tarmac which passes for our road network. Perhaps I should test one with PASM before making a decision whether it would be worth the £816 for me?

I shall delete the illuminated sills.
My wife would certainly appreciate the PS+
I missed the Park Assist, thanks
I do like those sport mirrors
My new code is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ3NE5Y1

Panoramic roof, red colour, seats and belts etc are certainly a nice to have. I do appreciate these are not essential / to everyone's taste. However if I am brutally honest ............. I don't really "need" a new car :oops: better not tell my wife :shock:
Do you know what sized wheels the non PASM demo Macan had?

Wheel size makes a tremendous difference, the non PASM car that I test drove had 21" and the ride was very harsh, with poor feedback on bad road surfaces, it thumped and bumped its way around the Cheshire countryside and was not very pleasant compared to a Macan with PASM.

So please test drive one with, those members who are on there second or third Macan have all included at least PASM in the second and third Macans. No member has admitted dropping PASM off the extras for Macan number two where they had it in Macan number one. That should tell you something.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

missile wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 pm Thanks again for your comments.

I test drove the Macan without PASM and it felt good enough for me. Compliant enough for the rough pot holed tarmac which passes for our road network. Perhaps I should test one with PASM before making a decision whether it would be worth the £816 for me?

I shall delete the illuminated sills.
My wife would certainly appreciate the PS+
I missed the Park Assist, thanks
I do like those sport mirrors
My new code is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ3NE5Y1

Panoramic roof, red colour, seats and belts etc are certainly a nice to have. I do appreciate these are not essential / to everyone's taste. However if I am brutally honest ............. I don't really "need" a new car :oops: better not tell my wife :shock:
Great spec. No sport mirrors on that code if you were planning on adding them?

Seat belts are a nice touch. Breaks up the interior.
Have them with our GTS and full GTS interior. All nice to haves and not necessarily worth the money but then again what is. ;)

Sure you will love it
GTS 😀
Guy

Post by Guy »

missile wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:26 pm
Guy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:17 pm You've gone for the 'Luggage compartment liner with variable organiser system' as a £200 Tequipment accessory. Do you prefer that over the optional 'Loadspace Management System'? The latter is the only option I regret not having, and seems good value at £228.
It was more of a nice to have to store the things I keep in the boot. I guess I could make do with the tacky boxes I currently use :idea:
I had a look at that one but it reduces the depth of the boot which could make things like suitcases difficult to squeeze in. As you are not having the Bose (hence no sub-woofer under the boot floor), there is already quite a bit of room under the floor behind the spare wheel - useful for things that stay permanently in the car.

I would look again at the Loadspace Management System for maximum flexibility.
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

If you are looking to save a bit of money to cover something extra have you considered the standard partial leather interior where you can still have red seat centres for half the price?
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Sidscott wrote:Hi Missile, I have the S Diesel, it is a fantastic car and the ideal power plant for an SUV such as the Macan.
I have had zero DPF problems and I am driving under the 12000 miles per year with a mixture of journey types.
Just supporting the above. I've had my SD 10 months and done 5,000 miles, many of those town driving in London. I've never had any DPF issues either.

I don't tend to drive my car that much when at home and working, but having just spent the last 2 weeks driving the car everyday in the South of France, it was a good reminder of what a great car it is. In Sport mode and with the suspension firmed up in Sport plus on winding country roads, it can still bring a smile to your face. On other days it had the roof box or a dinghy on the roof, so a fun and versatile load lugger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
missile

Post by missile »

Life is all about choices and I am grateful to you all for helping me choose those options which best suit my requirements