New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

For the best ride and handling PASM is the way to go.

PS+ lightens a heavy parking speed steering progressively to zero assist at road going speeds.

No revcam is another significant omission, rear quarter visibility is very poor without.

Personally I would drop the bling and include the above to keep within budget.

Illuminated sills are a gimmick, you see them for five seconds as you get in, had them in first Macan, would not bother again with them, heated steering wheel is by far a better addition.

There are reasons why in my earlier post the minimum suggested inclusions were as they were, without them a Macan is a very basic car, which may be OK for a Boxster but for an SUV its another matter.

No PASM in a Macan gives an SQ5 quality of ride and compromised handling.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I would ditch the red seat belts too, but that's more a personal statement. I see red is your favourite colour!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

And the all season tyres decision largely depends on where you live and where you drive. For just about all owners south the of the M62 they're perfectly good with no discernible difference unless your permanently in hooligan mode.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Lovely Spec.

Best wheels but i am biased :)

My suggestions to consider.
PASM as per others.
Power steering plus - Makes it lighter for parking. Can always be added as a software option later anyway
Park assist front and rear with camera as minimum. Not sure i have seen a Macan spec without this but does depend on your usage etc.
Sport design mirrors - Purely as i think they look much nicer so personal taste

I see you have NOT gone with roof rails which i think gives the Macan a much nicer look but you cannot add these later and the Audi has them as standard. I opted no roof rails for the look as i have other cars with roof rails (Which i have never used anyway). Just a though in case you needed this.

The Audi SQ5 is great but the Macan is so much nicer to drive. I have not looked back since changing.
GTS 😀
missile

Post by missile »

Thanks again for your comments.

I test drove the Macan without PASM and it felt good enough for me. Compliant enough for the rough pot holed tarmac which passes for our road network. Perhaps I should test one with PASM before making a decision whether it would be worth the £816 for me?

I shall delete the illuminated sills.
My wife would certainly appreciate the PS+
I missed the Park Assist, thanks
I do like those sport mirrors
My new code is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ3NE5Y1

Panoramic roof, red colour, seats and belts etc are certainly a nice to have. I do appreciate these are not essential / to everyone's taste. However if I am brutally honest ............. I don't really "need" a new car :oops: better not tell my wife :shock:
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

What size wheels did the test car have?
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

When you test drive a car with PASM, make sure it has sports chrono too... try that out and then see how long it takes you to stop smiling! :D

(I mean the Sport + Button of course)
Guy

Post by Guy »

You've gone for the 'Luggage compartment liner with variable organiser system' as a £200 Tequipment accessory. Do you prefer that over the optional 'Loadspace Management System'? The latter is the only option I regret not having, and seems good value at £228.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

SQ5 to a Macan is a path a few of us here have done and it's a great upgrade. I went GTS as the SD Macan really hadn't the performance or sounds of the SQ5. I test drove the diesel and then the petrol, didn't take long for my decision to be made.
missile

Post by missile »

Guy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:17 pm You've gone for the 'Luggage compartment liner with variable organiser system' as a £200 Tequipment accessory. Do you prefer that over the optional 'Loadspace Management System'? The latter is the only option I regret not having, and seems good value at £228.
It was more of a nice to have to store the things I keep in the boot. I guess I could make do with the tacky boxes I currently use :idea: