Hi everbody.....Petrol or Diesel ( Due to the recent admissions from Porsche)

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
VanB

Post by VanB »

Totally agree with you Guy. Most low mileage dpf problems are because of a series of short journeys that never gives the car a chance to run a regeneration cycle. If the OPs journeys are mostly like yours then shouldn't be an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Hi, thanks again for the replies. I spoke to the Opc yesterday and he told me I could not order a Macan sd today,i said to him that I would not want to buy a potentially compromised car and he agreed, and said I would have to wait until a solution is found. I read somewhere on this forum about a survey would be done for owners who have had the fix,or haven't to try and compare the differences. Has it been done?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Mike and his Macan

My heart says SD...my head says GTS🙃
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
happy days

Post by happy days »

Get one of each...
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

To me it is simply not worth the risk.

A GTS makes sense all round.

The SDs must have a detrimental long term effect on their value due to dieselgate and the potential DPF issue.

The sheer number of SDs also mean more choice in the second hand market which will surely affect residuals and trade in values.

As is the case in all Porsche models a GTS is the desired model for the many either new or as a second owner.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Mike and his Macan

Can't argue with that.... I will get back to you with more news when I have it! Thanks again to all.
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I too would get the GTS for all the reasons stated above. If you are coming out of a diesel be prepared to have a conversation with yourself every time you fill up the car though. Remind yourself that at 9k miles pa fuel is a small proportion of the cost of ownership. I keep telling myself that but it can be hard - the petrols do like their super unleaded. Mine has ranged from 16 to 27 on a fill depending on the style of driving:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/porsche/macan ... 789/641398
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 am My heart says SD...my head says GTS🙃

Or is it the other way around? Head says SD 🤓 and heart says you only live once, get the GTS ❤️ ;) :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Mike and his Macan

OK OK…. I'm getting the hint here! Joking apart…i cannot buy a Diesel at the moment, i think if i had one at the moment i would feel extremely well eerrr " Cheated!! ". The extra fuel/R tax, will be around £1400 per year more than the SD. I configured the three models (excluding the Turbo) i think its important to never lose site of being envious! SD+59k…S=59k..GTS=65k. Will be talking to the OPC on monday to see where i stand in regards to swapping orders, but still want the face lift model. PJYU9NN9 i hope your experience is a good one ( I'm still a diesel lover at heart, keep touch). thanks all, Wing Commander,Pete, Scott Mac, Happy Days,Martin,Col,Van B, and others…advise is much appreciated…and will be racking your brains for some of the spec i have chosen!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hopefully the OPC will confirm that you can opt for either GTS or petrol S. Then to see if one model has a longer estimated wait time than the other. And your OPC's best guess of when the facelift Macan will actually break cover...! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018