Post by ALEX »

Very nice indeed.
Have a great weekend :D
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2

Micro

Post by Micro »

Hi martind21, Congrats for purchasing Macan.. i hope you will enjoy riding it.. Thanks..
RoyF

Post by RoyF »

Hi Martin, so you've had your Macan now for 10 days or so, would be interested to hear your opinion after living with it so far, both the good and the not so good, also, anything you wished you spec'd but didn't, or anythnig you've got but don't find that useful. Looking to probably place an order for a similar one very soon.

Cheers, Roy.
martind21

Post by martind21 »

RoyF wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 am Hi Martin, so you've had your Macan now for 10 days or so, would be interested to hear your opinion after living with it so far, both the good and the not so good, also, anything you wished you spec'd but didn't, or anythnig you've got but don't find that useful. Looking to probably place an order for a similar one very soon.

Cheers, Roy.
Roy, sorry for the delay. I've been enjoying my Macan far too much!

It's the best car I've ever owned. I smile every time I see it on the drive and smile even more when I'm out in it. It's the first car I've bought that I don't then see hundreds of them on the road. Feels very special. Lots of people take an interest in it and don't believe it's a diesel until I show them the fuel cap.

Everything I have on the car I have used. Mine wasn't a big spec (just driver memory as the wife will use it sometimes and Sports Exhaust).
The sports exhaust for me is great as it really adds that nice tone but it isn't really that loud until you get some revs on it.

I think I would have probably liked the Bi-xenon or LED headlights as I was used to them in my last car. But the standard headlights aren't the worst either.

Hope that helps :)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

martind21 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:28 am
RoyF wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 am Hi Martin, so you've had your Macan now for 10 days or so, would be interested to hear your opinion after living with it so far, both the good and the not so good, also, anything you wished you spec'd but didn't, or anythnig you've got but don't find that useful. Looking to probably place an order for a similar one very soon.

Cheers, Roy.
Roy, sorry for the delay. I've been enjoying my Macan far too much!

It's the best car I've ever owned. I smile every time I see it on the drive and smile even more when I'm out in it. It's the first car I've bought that I don't then see hundreds of them on the road. Feels very special. Lots of people take an interest in it and don't believe it's a diesel until I show them the fuel cap.

Everything I have on the car I have used. Mine wasn't a big spec (just driver memory as the wife will use it sometimes and Sports Exhaust).
The sports exhaust for me is great as it really adds that nice tone but it isn't really that loud until you get some revs on it.

I think I would have probably liked the Bi-xenon or LED headlights as I was used to them in my last car. But the standard headlights aren't the worst either.

Hope that helps :)

Glad to hear that you're loving your SD, Martin. :)

Stand back and wait for the cries of horror for not ordering LEDs or Bi-Xenons! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
martind21

Post by martind21 »

Are they something that can be added afterwards?
Paul

Post by Paul »

martind21 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 am Are they something that can be added afterwards?
No, not cost effectively anyway. You need all sorts of gyros, self levellers, headlamp wash etc etc etc, let alone the different loom, software.....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

martind21 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 am Are they something that can be added afterwards?
You can get high power halogen replacement bulbs - google e.g. Auto Express test winner.

Converting to LED or bi-Xenon virtually impossible and even if you could it will be horrendously expensive!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
martind21

Post by martind21 »

Interesting on changing the bulbs themselves.
Am I going to void any warranty or mess anything else up if the bulbs are swapped for higher power versions?
And would it be a job that the OPC would have to do?

Night test drive would have been ideal...

Next Macan will have headlights upgrade!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

martind21 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:27 am Interesting on changing the bulbs themselves.
Am I going to void any warranty or mess anything else up if the bulbs are swapped for higher power versions?
And would it be a job that the OPC would have to do?

Night test drive would have been ideal...

Next Macan will have headlights upgrade!
You can check with your OPC, but should be OK as you can easily swap back to the OE ones if needs be. They may have a high power solution bulbs too.

You can get the opinion of a good auto electrician and they can fit them too.
For example the newly launched Ring Xenon 150 bulbs "which promises 150 percent more light..." - see www.ringautomotive.com

These are advertised online https://www.ledperf.co.uk/high-power-le ... 12823.html but if you go for these do ensure that they are UK road legal. :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver