Macan SD I PICK up Thursday .

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
S114DLN

Post by S114DLN »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 am Dark exterior and partial garnet are a great combo.

The SD is a very capable car and effortless at mile munching, but it does have its achiles heel.

Please read up within the posts on the issues some members have had with the DPF system. There is no logical reason why some have problems yet others with a similar journey profile do not. Some even have changed their SD because of repeated limp home modes.

I had no such issues with the SD that I had but it is better to be aware of what the potential issues are if you are unlucky enough to experience them.
Thank you for your advice. Fingers crossed it runs well any issues I'll b straight back at dealers with it standard 2years warranty from OPC . If I keep it longer I'll just put a extra years warranty on for peace of mind
:D

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:47 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:40 am
Wing Commander wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 am

This may be true of Gap cover and paintwork protection, but some folks on here have got some good deals on wheel/tyre insurance from some OPCs that do offer this. :geek:
Wing Co is right.
If it's a Jardine motors group then tyre / wheel / smart insurance may be cheaper and superior to the third parties. You won't hear that said very often.
E.g. £399 for tyre and alloy cover for 3 years with upto 18 claims with a better policy than others I looked at.

The gap unfortunately was not from them but I am aware other forum members getting all 3 for a very reasonable price. Also some that were a joke 😟
I have declined wheel & tyre cover on my last 3 cars (2 x Macan, 1x Jaguar - an Inchcape policy). I have just had an expensive puncture in Central France. The Jaguar/Inchcape policy had a UK only geographic limit. Since I do more miles in Euroland than the UK their cover was inadequate for me, and I never looked at the OPC policy
My question - does the wheel/tyre cover you have via your OPC give cover outside of the UK. THANKS.
From what I have read it is only in the UK. But there is nothing stopping you replacing tyre with the spare and when back in the uk claim. Same with alloy wheel damage. Claim when back in the uk...

I don't usually take this cover but at £399 for both and 3 years cover is very reasonable.
GTS 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:52 am
Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:47 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:40 am

Wing Co is right.
If it's a Jardine motors group then tyre / wheel / smart insurance may be cheaper and superior to the third parties. You won't hear that said very often.
E.g. £399 for tyre and alloy cover for 3 years with upto 18 claims with a better policy than others I looked at.

The gap unfortunately was not from them but I am aware other forum members getting all 3 for a very reasonable price. Also some that were a joke 😟
I have declined wheel & tyre cover on my last 3 cars (2 x Macan, 1x Jaguar - an Inchcape policy). I have just had an expensive puncture in Central France. The Jaguar/Inchcape policy had a UK only geographic limit. Since I do more miles in Euroland than the UK their cover was inadequate for me, and I never looked at the OPC policy
My question - does the wheel/tyre cover you have via your OPC give cover outside of the UK. THANKS.
From what I have read it is only in the UK. But there is nothing stopping you replacing tyre with the spare and when back in the uk claim. Same with alloy wheel damage. Claim when back in the uk...

I don't usually take this cover but at £399 for both and 3 years cover is very reasonable.
Thanks Kasfranks99, £399 is indeed a very reasonable cost, although it ties you to an OPC perhaps and I'm a long way from my nearest. As I thought, UK claims only, so not suitable for me. This recent puncture I had left me 350 miles from Calais, although I had the inflatable spare, not feasible for over 500 miles travel to home, and where to put the punctured wheel? I paid €199 for the tyre- about UK cost but unfortunately not NO rated so a replacement needed! €140 for a taxi to collect tyre or wait 24hrs then £83 to re-book missed shuttle crossing. So Insurance no good to me.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16