New Member - about to press the button

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
happy days

Post by happy days »

I spend a fair amount of time on long journeys in the McCann for work. I did 400+ miles on Tuesday and 300 on Wednesday. The McCann SD is an absolutely superb mile muncher; comfortable, good visibility, quiet (enough), accelerates well, more than enough power for me on the road, great sound system, even in standard mode. What's not to like?
Macan S D
718 S

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Great to see so many people satisfied with a diesel Porsche.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

happy days wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am I spend a fair amount of time on long journeys in the McCann for work. I did 400+ miles on Tuesday and 300 on Wednesday. The McCann SD is an absolutely superb mile muncher; comfortable, good visibility, quiet (enough), accelerates well, more than enough power for me on the road, great sound system, even in standard mode. What's not to like?
+1

I will second that.. a great all rounder and great in every department!
johnd

Post by johnd »

goron59 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:32 pm Great to see so many people satisfied with a diesel Porsche.
My irony detector seems to be going off, but I can't quite spot what's triggered it :?
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
goron59

Post by goron59 »

johnd wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm
goron59 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:32 pm Great to see so many people satisfied with a diesel Porsche.
My irony detector seems to be going off, but I can't quite spot what's triggered it :?
Genuine sentiment. I don’t get it myself, but if people are genuinely happy with it, all good!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

BBC news reports Volkswagen diesel emissions fix hits 30bn....Because engines are proving " Far more technically complex". Apparently they are easier to fix in Europe than the USA... ?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

goron59 wrote:
johnd wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm
Genuine sentiment. I don’t get it myself, but if people are genuinely happy with it, all good!
If I was buying a true Porsche sports car, would be different, but I can just about live with diesel in a two tonne family SUV.

I’m happy with my SD, but have pretty much wished from the start that I had a petrol (probably due to all the GTS talk on here!). If I lived somewhere where I was using it more and could get out on the open road, I would have given in and switched by now. But, for limited miles pootling about, I’ll stick with diesel until my normal change interval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
RoyF

Post by RoyF »

Thanks for all the feedback everyone over the last few days, it really is much appreciated. If I don't go down the diesel Macan route, then I'll probably go diesel with a different brand which would be a great shame. The Macan is my first choice, and the best gearbox by far that I have tested.

I may well take my chances on the diesel and see how I get along..... Good point regarding getting something in writing fom the OPC such as a swap / buy back or similar should I experience more problems than I should reasonably expect.

Given that the waiting period could be around the 4 to 5 months mark, I'll proably try to order for an early March delivery on an '18' plate. I'll let you all know when I've finally placed an order, regardless of what it is.... !!

Thanks again, Roy.
andreas

Post by andreas »

RoyF wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:20 pm
Given that the waiting period could be around the 4 to 5 months mark, I'll proably try to order for an early March delivery on an '18' plate. I'll let you all know when I've finally placed an order, regardless of what it is.... !!
I've a suspicion you might not have to wait that long for a diesel...
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I think you are right to have another think about what you will do ... I love the Diesel macan it's a great SUV... I didn't find it slow at all and I'm driving a BMW 640d , main difference is that macan doesn't pull as hard from say 100mph plus. So don't be put off buy thinking it's in the same sentence as slow, However do agree with the sentiment that being a Porcshe it should have an equivalent Bhp to an Audi. However do you want to have to drive a car that dictates to you how you have to drive it... ot
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊