Waiting patiently for my Macan!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ltc

Post by Ltc »

Hi all

I have been visiting the forum for many weeks, initially looking for information/advice as to options to include on my order. The information has been invaluable in finalising the spec but inevitably I added more than I removed! The build date was firstly September, which I now realise was estimated, then jumped to December. As I had ordered custom paint and for some unknown reason the factory has suspended orders including this, I am now looking at a January build. The code is PJ5171C0. The configurator will not enable the custom paint to be included, so its showing as black. I am going for graphite blue.

I know the facelift launch date has been discussed many times, but I’m hoping that I will be lucky to fit in with this.

I am currently driving an Evoque, which for 2.5 years has been problem free, but as soon after driving the Macan the Evoque seems very dull! Ideally I wish the tech in the Macan was more up to date, but that’s a small price to pay for the far superior drive.

I’ve received an invitation to the experience centre (I got this in July) but know I won’t make use of it. Would anyone know if these are transferable please? If so, I’d be happy to pass the details on.

Lynda
Graphite Blue Macan GTS - Collected 5th March 2018
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJIZKYP2

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Lynda! :)

Graphite Blue is a classy colour and if I recall correctly, there are images of a Graphite Blue Macan on here somewhere. :geek:

I too came from an Evoque to a Macan. It's a good trade!

Any reason that you don't want to go to Silverstone? It's a great day out.

I can't seem to be able to get your code to work. Which Macan model have you opted for?

Cheers

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

This one:

IMG_2047.JPG

Simon

Ltc

Post by Ltc »

Hi Simon

Typed it incorrectly, here it is:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ5I71C0

I initially was looking at the S, but with some of the options chosen the monthly cost of the GTS wasn't that much more. I am utilising pcp for the first time. I have been in contact with Ryan of Clydesdale thanks to the recommendations on here, which was better value than Porsche had quoted me.

Silverstone would be a four hour journey each way, and if I'm honest I know I would enjoy it but not enough for an 8 hour journey/overnight stay. It would be nice if someone who would really appreciate the experience could make use of it. Ultimately, I know I won't use it.

I had chosen Midnight Blue, but saw the graphite blue on a Boxster when visiting the dealership to try out the seats, and then went on to justify the extortionate extra expense in my mind. Wasn't helped by the fact that my niece was with me and liked the colour as much as I did so received encouragement there!
Ltc

Post by Ltc »

Thanks Simon, I hadn't seen that one. I've seen a couple of pics via Google and someone at the dealership was very quick to dig out pics of one they had previously had there, long sold.

My one concern is that with the facelift, the colours will change to include graphite blue or similar, and I would have spent a lot of money for not waiting a while. Having said that, with no real indication of the date, except for some time next year, I could be waiting a long time and ideally want to part ex the Evoque before it is 3 years old at end March. I'm hoping that the date will be released before the order locks down.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

That looks like a nice spec, Lynda.

Did you consider the heated steering wheel? :)

I also used Ryan at Clydesdale and highly recommend him.

I presume that you're using Cardiff OPC, which is in the same group as Swindon & Tewkesbury- the two Porsche Centres that I have used.

Roll on, January! :)
Simon

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ltc wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:38 pm My one concern is that with the facelift, the colours will change to include graphite blue or similar, and I would have spent a lot of money for not waiting a while. Having said that, with no real indication of the date, except for some time next year, I could be waiting a long time and ideally want to part ex the Evoque before it is 3 years old at end March. I'm hoping that the date will be released before the order locks down.

As you say, it could be a long wait, possibly to the latter part of 2018. Don't suppose the OPC had a view on when the facelifted Macan might be available?
Simon

Ltc

Post by Ltc »

He said 'sometime next year'. I'll ask again before I am 100% committed.

I am using Cardiff, they have been first class to be fair, much more efficient than Land Rover. Hope your experiences with the group were good ones.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Graphite blue FTW.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ltc wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:52 pm He said 'sometime next year'. I'll ask again before I am 100% committed.

I am using Cardiff, they have been first class to be fair, much more efficient than Land Rover. Hope your experiences with the group were good ones.
I have been very happy with both Porsche Centres in the Dick Lovett group that I have used. I bought my Macan from Swindon, and my 911 & Panamera from Tewkesbury. Their fourth Porsche dealership is in Bristol.

Exciting times! :)
Simon