I have a delivery date!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

Hi All,

I have spent many months (actually nearly a year now) looking through sites/forums such as this, scanning pics and configurations, all the while trying to get the details right on my new Macan GTS. You see I did not want white, silver, black, grey etc. I have been a loyal Merc driver for a long time now and my last three have been white! Hubby has a white Cayman GTS. So time for a change......

That meant it had to be pts - and that is where the fun starts! There are no colour samples, no nice painted examples. It involves literally hours of trawling web pics just to narrow it down and then you might just get lucky and see it for real on a car no matter the model. Then lighting has a huge part to play. Each colour looks different in daylight, showroom light and in a photograph too.

So I have gone a bit mad and ordered Riviera Blue with lots of black contrast. It took a whole day to place the order with the most amazing sales guy who has the patience of a saint. Each tiny detail inside and out was considered carefully with many trips to view actual samples in different showrooms.

I am hoping this car lightens my day every time I look at it. It certainly lightened my purse :D Ordered at the start of the year for Sep delivery slot and it will now be collected on 18th November. Watch this space.
Sue
Macan GTS Aetna Blue (March 2023)

Macan GTS Riviera Blue (Nov 2017) sold

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

..sounds fab there should be no doubt that you will love it; great model and you have put a little bit of yourself in to the design - going to be special 8-) 8-)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
microbe

Post by microbe »

Can you share your code with us bloosoo so that we can see what you are spending your money on :D
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

It is strange that as you ordered so long ago your OPC could not deliver it in Sept, the wait time this year has been five months.

Spec lockdown is only required 6 weeks prior to build start.

Build takes 3 days.

Delivery is in the range of 7 to 30 days and this is simply down to logistics which are outside the control of
Porsche.

Hence for a pick up of 18th November your car is either at the dealers or already enroute there.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Welcome to the forum Sue! :)

I just googled Riviera Blue PTS and it is certainly cheerful! Will look good with your hubby's white Cayman GTS too. ;)

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures when it arrives. 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, bloosoo! :)

Riviera Blue will look awesome. Can't wait to see your GTS!

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Wingco, you must a have a photo bank full of photos of Macans in any colour imaginable! ;-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

....including Clarkson's favourite - the heavenly Carmine Red! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

:D I think I have studied every single one of those pics over time! My spec goes a bit like this -

Colour matched side blades, sports mirrors, roof bars, black gloss painted logo on rear (yes another £290) that one took the involvement of every single person in the dealership that day to make a decision, black GTS leather/alcantara, carbon pack, heated seats, memory pack. Very interestingly we had to have the reversing camera with pts. No choice it has to be spec'd. Apparently the special paint content interferes with the sensors so as back up you must have the camera. Only found that out at a later date!

It makes me smile every time I look at that colour. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Macan GTS Aetna Blue (March 2023)

Macan GTS Riviera Blue (Nov 2017) sold

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome Sue.

Which OPC (dealer) and salesperson are you dealing with can I ask?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver