New macan s diesel volcano grey

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pompeymeado

Post by Pompeymeado »

New to porsche and this forum but wanted to get involved and share pics of new macan picked up from Guildford last week. Last car was freelander 2 and feels a big step up already, acceleration and driving performance are in a different league. :D

Very happy with the car apart from the service on porsche connect from the porsche team! All sorts of inconsistent info on embedded sim which it turns out there is no embedded sim.

Taken gap insurance out with gapinsurance.co.uk with 10% discount code covering 4 years at £300 which saved me half price vs. Porsche policy which has a lower excess but still not worth the price tag.

Next up, need rear seat covers for cocker spaniel dog - any recommendations would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
George

IMG_20171111_115518.jpg

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Welcome aboard Pompeymeado. Nice car, as they all are, esp in VG.
Mmmm....... seat covers for a cocker spaniel? Aren't they the hyperactive ones that love muddy puddles and water? Perhaps a 2nd dog car is a better alternative.

cocker.jpg

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Marra

Post by Marra »

Hi pompeymeado - that's a beautiful car you have in a great colour - I am biased having taken delivery of this beaut on Thursday. I do believe there is an embedded SIM, it's how the car accesses Google search and Google maps amongst other things. Have fun and enjoy your car.

IMG_0101.JPG

Pompeymeado

Post by Pompeymeado »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 pm Welcome aboard Pompeymeado. Nice car, as they all are, esp in VG.
Mmmm....... seat covers for a cocker spaniel? Aren't they the hyperactive ones that love muddy puddles and water? Perhaps a 2nd dog car is a better alternative.
cocker.jpg
Just sorted the wife out with a bmw 1 so perhaps that is the best option but still would prefer to take the macan if we can find suitable covers!
Pompeymeado

Post by Pompeymeado »

Marra wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 pm Hi pompeymeado - that's a beautiful car you have in a great colour - I am biased having taken delivery of this beaut on Thursday. I do believe there is an embedded SIM, it's how the car accesses Google search and Google maps amongst other things. Have fun and enjoy your car.
Looks a cracker too! Definitely no embedded sim but Porsche will honour the two years data via a SIM card at least.

Now to decide whether to buy an iPhone and switch from Samsung to take advantage of apple car play.... :? :? :? :?:
Spud

Post by Spud »

Lovely looking car, have to say my iPhone works a treat with the Porsche 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

Your own SIM is a much better bet, £25 a year with 12GB is typical of what is available.

The data plan with Porsche covers map updates etc and as you say is two years although myporsche portal is showing mine as 2 1/2 year.

Do read up on the DPF threads and ensure that you have a journey profile that avoids any potential issues.

Only thing that you will probably get fed up with is the fact that any Macan is a dirt magnet, particularly the dark coloured ones.

I was out in the country lanes yesterday and today my Macan looked like I had been in a tractor pulling contest.

It seems to get dirty again by the time I have driven out of the Avenue where I live, trips out tonight and tomorrow means that Monday is cleaning day again..
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Marra

Post by Marra »

I'm confused🤔🤔🤔 If my car doesn't have an embedded sim and I haven't fitted one, how can I use google search and google earth?
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Congrats on your new car. Good choice of wheels. I have those and they are easy to clean. Bought mine when car play was optional and as an Android user didn’t bother with it. You don’t miss what you never had... ;)
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Pompeymeado! :) And congrats on your very smart looking VG Macan S! Enjoy! 😎
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018