Hello - New Turbo Performance Pack owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Great choice of variant, the best of all worlds.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Lovely looking machine πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Love the interior :D

Your garage is a great size :D
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and what a lovely looking Macan.

Agate with Pebble is a great Combo... Ohh and Turbo PP is superb

Enjoy :D
GTS πŸ˜€
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

How are you finding the performance compared to the M4?
antsjey

Post by antsjey »

weemsy6147 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 pm How are you finding the performance compared to the M4?
Thanks for welcome guys!

In terms of performance, in a straight line standing start I'd say the Macan may get off the line better than the M4, but the M4 would push you back into your seat more once it established some traction and would eventually start to pull away from the Macan as time went on. The Macan would eventually get back once the M4 hit it's limiter though! :D

However, in the corners I'd say the gap would be smaller and I'd say the M4 would struggle to pull away from the Macan. The Macan is capable of carrying some serious speed through the corners. I think there's a video on YouTube showing a M2 and Macan Turbo having near on identical lap times around a track. Would be interesting to see a Performance Pack comparison with its slight increase in power and better suspension setup.

The above assumes that the conditions were dry. If it was damp, cold and wet then the M4 would be wheel spinning like a lunatic and going nowhere as there is a serious lack of traction in that car! I loved the M4 in the dry, other times I didn't enjoy it so much. The Macan is a very different car but I will definitely enjoy driving the Macan far more in winter than the M4.
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Welcome. Lovely car with my favourite interior colour :D

Wish I’d only had a 6 month wait!
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

antsjey wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 am In terms of performance, in a straight line standing start I'd say the Macan may get off the line better than the M4, but the M4 would push you back into your seat more once it established some traction and would eventually start to pull away from the Macan as time went on. The Macan would eventually get back once the M4 hit it's limiter though! :D

However, in the corners I'd say the gap would be smaller and I'd say the M4 would struggle to pull away from the Macan. The Macan is capable of carrying some serious speed through the corners. I think there's a video on YouTube showing a M2 and Macan Turbo having near on identical lap times around a track. Would be interesting to see a Performance Pack comparison with its slight increase in power and better suspension setup.

The above assumes that the conditions were dry. If it was damp, cold and wet then the M4 would be wheel spinning like a lunatic and going nowhere as there is a serious lack of traction in that car! I loved the M4 in the dry, other times I didn't enjoy it so much. The Macan is a very different car but I will definitely enjoy driving the Macan far more in winter than the M4.

We all know that the Macan is a great car, but it is good to hear the views of a former M4 owner, as that car is highly regarded itself. Wishing you many happy & satisfying miles! πŸ‘
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
GuyW

Post by GuyW »

antsjey wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 am
weemsy6147 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 pm How are you finding the performance compared to the M4?
Thanks for welcome guys!

In terms of performance, in a straight line standing start I'd say the Macan may get off the line better than the M4, but the M4 would push you back into your seat more once it established some traction and would eventually start to pull away from the Macan as time went on. The Macan would eventually get back once the M4 hit it's limiter though! :D

According to Fastestlaps.com, the Macan Turbo PP takes 10.2s for 0 - 100mph, whilst the BMW M4 is 8.5s. Laps times, the M4 is 4 secs faster around Hockenheim Short course.

But on bumpy, wet British roads in winter, it would be much closer. :D
antsjey

Post by antsjey »

GuyW wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:25 pm
antsjey wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 am
Thanks for welcome guys!

According to Fastestlaps.com, the Macan Turbo PP takes 10.2s for 0 - 100mph, whilst the BMW M4 is 8.5s. Laps times, the M4 is 4 secs faster around Hockenheim Short course.

But on bumpy, wet British roads in winter, it would be much closer. :D
Thanks for those lap times.
I guess my rough comparisons equate pretty closely to those figures :D
happy days

Post by happy days »

Nice motor! Enjoy!
Macan S D
718 S