New GTS...or 2nd had Turbo

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

To replace my SD, I ordered a GTS but cancelled it for a cancelled S order I was offered that I would 4 mnths sooner, because I was impatient. BIG MISTAKE! as I inow realise having been given trade in values by 4 OPC's. Had I waited for the GTS, a year later it would have retained about 93%, my S has retained 84%, can't comment on Turbo values. So for retained value a new GTS, for wafting along with plenty of power - a used Turbo. For me, the Turbo with Air.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:57 pm I did forget to say that both cars had the heated seats on.. and the great heated steering wheel, I’m sure you would see 25/30 mpg on the turbo. The Diesel I had for the weekend managed 32mpg but Diesel was driven more enthusiastically, so I think 40 average is realistic. All this depends of course on how when what why, my 640 has averaged 42mpg over the past 4 years. Like I say turbo wins it for me, it did get me thinking shouldn’t the GTS be the more powerful variation of the 2?
Doubt you will average 25/30 mpg in any petrol Macan. Have done 23000 miles in my Turbo, the first 18k was varied driving, lot of long distance A and M/Way's and returned a comfortable 24 mpg. the last 5k shorter distances mainly A roads and averaged 21.5. However IMHO Turbo is the 🐶 'S. 🍒. Facelift already on order 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I'm not sure many people are getting much more than 20mpg out of a turbo. I'm getting about what I expected (in sig below) based on the research I did before I purchased. Fuelly's a good place to look. I can get 24-25mpg on a long trip if I keep it at 75pmh or below.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Thanks ... seem it will not be that much less that a GTS ... still have my eyes open to buy one ... as long as no news has surfaced in regards to the facelift .
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Nine month old Turbo with 14.000 miles here and I averaged 22 mpg. That is with alot of high speed highway driving (90mph and fitted 21 inch wintertires) and some twisty backroads. Not so much city driving.
Mike and his Macan

Sounds like you are really enjoying it :D
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col M

Post by Col M »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am Sounds like you are really enjoying it :D
Orangebulldog wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:15 am Nine month old Turbo with 14.000 miles here and I averaged 22 mpg. That is with alot of high speed highway driving (90mph and fitted 21 inch wintertires) and some twisty backroads. Not so much city driving.
Though obviously not in this nation! 🤣
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 pm Well iv finally decided that the Macan Diesel is not for me. So Iv been on the configuration site , Macan GTS came to 65k which then made me think could I find 2nd hand turbo? So to confuse my self even more ... which one will hold its value better? I’m edging on the side of the GTS :?: always a dangerous question, any thought? In regards to differences is there a lot? Has anybody owned both?
It depends what you want to do with it. It's easy to get carried away with the configurator and forum advice. I was in the same boat last month and have driven both back to back. I ordered the GTS in the end.

I couldn't get the Turbo to what I wanted in the configurator without haemorrhaging money and reasoned that I didn't need the performance differential that much.
Mike and his Macan

It is a tough one ... after configuration . 66k GTS.... 71k turbo, so am looking for a exceptional second hand one for around 60k . Previously I had my heart set on a SD but haven’t heard the right noises it’s been put right yet, but Audi seems to be launching the new A7 with a Hybrid Diesel. So am thinking this might solve the problem and be passed into the Macan. I preferred the turbo as it was less focused that the GTS, ant felt a bit more of a relaxed drive with a bit more low down torque.. both though are exceptional.