New GTS...or 2nd had Turbo

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Well iv finally decided that the Macan Diesel is not for me. So Iv been on the configuration site , Macan GTS came to 65k which then made me think could I find 2nd hand turbo? So to confuse my self even more ... which one will hold its value better? I’m edging on the side of the GTS :?: always a dangerous question, any thought? In regards to differences is there a lot? Has anybody owned both?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

Have a look at Cayenne used prices - that will give an indication of relative GTS vs Turbo residuals. I haven't looked but have a feeling GTS will be stronger as both shorter production window so fewer made and GTS name.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Differences? The GTS is maybe a bit more sporty, with noise and handling to match. The Turbo more like an iron fist in a velvet glove - more power, more refined. Depends which style of Porsche you'd prefer. On this forum, certainly more GTS owners than Turbo. Can't recall offhand anyone who's owned both... 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

In today’s residual terms I have current factual info on 12 month old vehicles (can’t say how, without incurring the wrath of fellow forum members😉)
2016 / 66 Turbo with around 8000 miles and £8K extras....£58 K
2016 / 66 GTS on 13K miles and similar £ extras.....£54 K
GTS wins on residual percentage.
Is the GTS as quick? No.
But the GTS looks “ sportier” and has PSE as standard........
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

But the Turbo engine is superb.

I hardly ever need to put mine in Sport mode, just stamp on the go pedal and off it goes.

The torque curve is far superior to the 3 litre engines.

Only a Test drive of both will show you which suits your driving style.

Am I bothered that a GTS has better handling, no. It only matters on track, not in the real world and on track again it only matters if you are an above average driver.

The only time I have seen a GTS in motion was at the PEC where I kept catching and passing them in the Turbo I was driving
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

From a residual point of view definitely the GTS as the base spec contains many extras e.g. PSE, larger wheels etc and from history GTS across the range holds stronger residuals. However, if you can find a Turbo that has already had a bit of a hit then there won't be much in it.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

If it is the fun of straight line speed, has to be the Turbo.

Get one with air suspension etc and you nearly get the best of all worlds.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Mike and his Macan

Hi... and thanks. I am driving a GTS next week, interested in the comment “ A iron fist in a velvet glove that’s how are like my cars to be. As I have a deposit down the SE recommend that I go to Silverstone and use my driving experience day there.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
steve w

Post by steve w »

Hi Mike
I’m running a GTS after running a S Diesel for a year,the Diesel was good fast enough for most with good fuel ⛽️ consumption but there was something missing,the GTS is in another league brilliant in every way,I’ve got AIR/PASM/21inch BLACK CLASSICS and the ride is very good,GTS full leather interior,expensive but looks the part,LEDs,PANO ROOF, etc etc ,look on Porsche approved used web site ,not many GTS for sale nationwide and all good money,as for performance the GTS is not much behind the TURBO and in the real world you’ll not notice any difference ,IMO the GTS is the sweet spot in the MACAN RANGE.

STEVE W
Mike and his Macan

Thanks Steve ... sounds like the spec I have roughly chosen ..and I agree GTS prices seem solid enough, I’m driving a GTS next week.. and will give some feedback how my test drive goes.