Post by Nosmo »

:oops: Sorry.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I do love Cayams though šŸ˜Š.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now šŸ˜Š
bompey

Post by bompey »

Nosmo wrote: ā†‘Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 pm
bompey - long time. Did you go for the 718 Cayman GTS in the end? I cancelled my order after seeing the price and the goodies offered as standard. The S seems good value by comparison.
Hi Nosmo
Not been here much recently but no I cancelled the boxster GTS as well as I couldnā€™t justify it. Realistically I just wouldnā€™t drive it enough. Iā€™m still really pleased with the Macan GTS and it flies when I want it to so no need for a 3rd car.

Bompey
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTSĀ with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Mike and his Macan

Hi All, so got to drive both the Turbo/GTS Macan today, the conditions where not that forgiving cold slimy roads with some good dry bits in between.

I drove the turbo first 21 inch.. air Pasm 18way. Immediately felt at home , infact it felt like the diesel that I had for a long weekend, in regards to comfort . The handling seemed the same too, as the Diesel was also fitted with the same spec. Pickup form standstill was swift, and the same once going threw the gears. Pottering around the engines shows its bottom end response well, and never did I feel that I had to hunt for the throttle to get a move on. Itā€™s definitely a top end engine, but still delivers down low. In all a great comfortable car that is perfect for me, managed 21mpg.

GTS.....20inch air Pasm, standard seats.As soon as we moved I could tell the difference, what appeared to be harder suspension, engine seems to hunt for gears more and the steering was sharper, engine felt a lot stained to get up to speed, however after the initial lack of torque it seemed responsive and rewarding.. but I felt you had to work for it more. A great day to spend a morning OPC was great as always.

In short I preferred the Diesel to the Turbo( only due to mpg, and the turbo over the GTS but because itā€™s between the two today .. turbo wins over GTS .. just more refined and same mpg!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now šŸ˜Š
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad all went well.

In my SD the actual was 33 mpg as measured via what I put in at the pumps rather than the optimistic MFD reading. The highest MFD reading was a run up to Edinburgh where the MFD showed a smidgen under 40 mpg, which I though was cr4p, and one of the many reasons why I got rid of the SD.

My Turbo is averaging 24 mpg, again via summating pump fuel. The higest MFD mpg reading has been a run back up north from the PEC where it showed 31 mpg.

Good luck in your choice.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20ā€ wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Mike and his Macan

I did forget to say that both cars had the heated seats on.. and the great heated steering wheel, Iā€™m sure you would see 25/30 mpg on the turbo. The Diesel I had for the weekend managed 32mpg but Diesel was driven more enthusiastically, so I think 40 average is realistic. All this depends of course on how when what why, my 640 has averaged 42mpg over the past 4 years. Like I say turbo wins it for me, it did get me thinking shouldnā€™t the GTS be the more powerful variation of the 2?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Mike and his Macan wrote: ā†‘Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:57 pm I did forget to say that both cars had the heated seats on.. and the great heated steering wheel, Iā€™m sure you would see 25/30 mpg on the turbo. The Diesel I had for the weekend managed 32mpg but Diesel was driven more enthusiastically, so I think 40 average is realistic. All this depends of course on how when what why, my 640 has averaged 42mpg over the past 4 years. Like I say turbo wins it for me, it did get me thinking shouldnā€™t the GTS be the more powerful variation of the 2?
One would think so but that is not how Porsche configure their cars.

Base > S > GTS > Turbo > Turbo S > GT3/4 > GT RS

Slotting in are the Hybrid variants.

Seems to be the progress of the variants.

The Macan Turbo PP is the Turbo S in reality but as it has the same suspension as the GTS but an extra 80 horses it is a beast with it all.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20ā€ wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

As you can see it is important to experience the differing variants for yourself, as other people's views are exactly that, other people's, which doesn't necessarily align with your view.

Good luck with your choice.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
GuyW

Post by GuyW »

Col Lamb wrote: ā†‘Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 pm But the Turbo engine is superb.

I hardly ever need to put mine in Sport mode, just stamp on the go pedal and off it goes.

The torque curve is far superior to the 3 litre engines.

Only a Test drive of both will show you which suits your driving style.

Am I bothered that a GTS has better handling, no. It only matters on track, not in the real world and on track again it only matters if you are an above average driver.

The only time I have seen a GTS in motion was at the PEC where I kept catching and passing them in the Turbo I was driving
Have you driven both cars? My GTS was put on the dyno at the weekend and gave 550Nm of torque - the same figure as the stock Turbo. I am sure the Turbo would also over perform against its factory rating, but having driven both, I decided that there was little between them.
Mike and his Macan

Hi... Iā€™m now in the position of being able to buy a Macan... after talking to the SE today he told me that the new update for the Macan Diesel in his opinion is meant to significantly boost the torque of the engine... but still not convinced. So am currently in the market for a GTS or turbo. If anyone is thinking of changing please feel free to sent me a message. My budget is 60k .. things I would like .. tinted windows, sunroof, 21s...roof rails .. and 14/18 way seats.. bose.. dimming interior lights, and leds if possible.