About to order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

So about 3 years ago I seriously considered ordering a macan, but the 12 month plus wait was too much, so I bought a 3.0d x3 instead. Whilst the x3 has been a fine car and has lots of things I like I think it's time for a change.

Anyway now porsche teesside have opened right near my work and I finally went in last week. So I'm planning on ordering a GTS in the next week or two, currently a bit torn on colour and spec but I think I'm settled on volcano and red interior.

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome. Post your Porsche code and everyone will help you spend more money :D
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

PJFND7G1 Is the current spec I have, I toyed with red and the standard black interior.
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

:D What ever colour, trim and other extras you do or don't order, you will love the drive. :D
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Just waiting for the dealers demo car to be available to test drive, then stick the deposit down and wait till about May
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welocme.

Mighty fine spec you have there.

Many on this forum joke with newbies that our advice costs £5k, well fear not my advice, should you choose to accept it, will cost way less than the £5k.

I would add ........ spare wheel at £161 ......... thats it. Please search threads on a spare as it has been discussed to death. Usually with those who say “never had a flat, never needed a spare” I have had an unrepairable flat (damn great big hole in the sidewall) in the Turbo, with no mobile signal, if had I had to wait for the pick up it would have taken hours. Put spare on, dropped wheel off at Porsche dealer and drove home.

I do hope that your test drive was in a GTS with the 8 way seats and not the 18 way that is a pretty common inclusion in demo cars. If not I suggest you have another test drive to make sure. Many will come on and say that they are happy with the 8 way but that is not the point, if you have not test driven 8 ways then to me you may potentially have seats that do not offer the range of adjustments. Personally, 4 way lumber adjustment and two way squab are essential and are part of my own 14 way seats.

Please read the what to include thread in the orders section for advice on individual extras.

My GTS spec would be similar to yours but I would add 14 way seats, ACC, a spare wheel, heated front seats and Bose stereo.

You will love the LEDs they will light up the next county when on main beam.

Btw
Do make a note of every extra that is included in your demo car, also take images inside and out.

You also get a free 1/2 day driving a GTS at Silverstone PEC, do read threads related
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Northandy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:13 pm PJFND7G1 Is the current spec I have, I toyed with red and the standard black interior.

Welcome, Northandy! :)

The GTS is a fine car. And nothing could be better than a Carmine Red Porsche with a classic and understated black interior! Pure class! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Personally I would recommend night blue but the GTS is fantastically awesome.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Thanks Col, yeah spare wheel was a thought I'd had too so will probably add that.

Good points on the seats and demo cars too, will definately watch for that!

I have adaptive LED on the x3, awesome kit so i hope the Porsche version is just as impressive. One thing I will miss is I have head up display on the x3, again another cracking bit of technology.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Northandy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 pm Thanks Col, yeah spare wheel was a thought I'd had too so will probably add that.

Good points on the seats and demo cars too, will definately watch for that!

I have adaptive LED on the x3, awesome kit so i hope the Porsche version is just as impressive. One thing I will miss is I have head up display on the x3, again another cracking bit of technology.
Glad to help.

I know what you mean about the HUD the X4 35D that I had on loan for a day had it and I found it very useful.

If you do a lot of Motorway cruising then the Adaptive Cruise Control is a great piece of kit, I find that I use it a lot and also use it around my City where we have average speed cameras galore.

Its the infotainment and control software that lets the Macan down, but you will forget about that when you have your test drive. The road handling, ride comfort and feel of the Macan will put your X3 to shame, have no doubt about that. It is always the test drive that sways it with those who are a bit unsure, for there is no SUV in its class that comes close.

Enjoy your test drive and do play with the settings on the PASM, where I suggest you have it in comfort mode drive it around bends and straights for at least a mile to get back where you started, then do it again in with one light lit, then again with both lights lit. Then you have Sport and Sport+ modes to play with, hold on to your hat when you put it in Sport+ the engine and gearbox almost become race tuned.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags