About to order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Thanks guys, I guess the only bit from the photos I'm unsure on is the red on the door handles. I used to have a bmw 1 series coupe with Coral red leather, but it was purely the seats.

Hopefully going to test drive on Sunday, with a view to ordering before Xmas to match up the date the x3 goes back in April with a May delivery

Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

Hi Northandy,

I may be able to assist with spending your cash! Speaking as an previous X3 owner, you won’t be disappointed, whatever spec. you go with. I have had my GTS for 3 weeks and honestly can’t find anything that I don’t like. The Macan seems so well balanced and has useable power on offer when you need it. The three driving modes (assuming that you get sports Chrono) give such a range of characteristics that it seems to have most situations catered for.

I had lots of changes in spec, colour etc before I settled on mine and there is nothing that has disappointed me so far. Perhaps I should have gone for a heated steering wheel.......

As an alternative to the VG, Black, Red options, I ended up with Sapphire blue which for me went best with a black interior and white dial theme.

So far I have covered 1200 miles and I am really happy that I went for air suspension with the 21” classics, the ride is great, much better than my previous RR Sport.

I hope that helps, any questions, please ask.

Here’s a pic in case you get tempted to black and blue!

857D4D25-60D9-49C5-923C-8E194B77246C.jpeg

Sapphire blue Macan GTS
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJZ7F2T6
Paul

Post by Paul »

...and from another Sapphire owner, pics in my signature with the black contrast sideblades as a comparaison.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

Paul wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:27 am ...and from another Sapphire owner, pics in my signature with the black contrast sideblades as a comparaison.
And the leather with contrast stitching looks great in Paul’s pictures. Don’t forget that you only live once and it’s all worth it when delivery day arrives!
Sapphire blue Macan GTS
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJZ7F2T6
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

So test drive in the dealers gts tomorrow. 🙈
Paul

Post by Paul »

Northandy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:49 pm So test drive in the dealers gts tomorrow. 🙈
👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Northandy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:49 pm So test drive in the dealers gts tomorrow. 🙈

Have fun, Northandy :)

Still planing on ordering the Volcano Grey GTS with red (or partial red) interior? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

Northandy
I have a GTS in Carrera White with the GTS full leather interior with silver stiching throughout it’s expensive at £2600 but looks brilliant,21in Black Classics,Pano Roof,Air Suspension,Bose,Privacy Glass,Sports Mirrrors,Driver Memory ,heated seats and steering wheel,interior lights package,etc,I have the 8 way adjustable GTS Sports Seats and find them to be really good,had the 18 way adjustable on our first Macan and most of the adjustments where left in the neutral position so try the GTS Sports Seats and it might save you £1k,
GTS is brilliant and IMO the sweet spot in the Macan range,as Col Lamb says the partial leather is a mismatch of leather and plastic one of the reasons I changed my first Macan which had the partial leather option,but you’ll not be disappointed whatever spec you decide on.
SteveW
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

So testdrive went as I expected, GTS was a brilliant drive!. Very stable and sounds amazing, roads were a bit greasy but no bother at all.

So had a look round the cars they had, and sort of fell in love with the Sapphire blue (which is neither of the colours I was originally thinking of!)

PJBFU5K9 Is the code, I picked agate grey interior but may swap that back to the standard gts trim. The only other thing I may add is air ride, the demo I drove had it so I need to try one without really.

So deposit paid and expected 1st may 😎
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I'd skip the air suspension on a GTS. It can be a bit 'floaty' so would detract from the classic GTS style of handling. I'm going to be controversial here, but you could save yourself around £1600 by; not having PSP - not necessary unless you have a condition where you would have to have it, leave out privacy glass - it can make the car look like a van (although less so with Sapphire), and if you are a skilful driver you don't need full surround cams, LCA or speed limit display (which can often be wrong). But of course these are my views, you will choose want you want!

Having lit the blue touch paper, I'll head for cover now.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA