About to order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Northandy wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:10 pm It landed t the dealer Friday... eek... collection on the 1st may probably due to other things to sort.

Couldt resist having a look today and it looks fabulous, really impressed with the full gts leather with rhodium stitching and carbon combination.

Good news! :) Take any pics?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Northandy wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:10 pm It landed t the dealer Friday... eek... collection on the 1st may probably due to other things to sort.

Couldt resist having a look today and it looks fabulous, really impressed with the full gts leather with rhodium stitching and carbon combination.

Good news! :) Take any pics?
No it was pretty much just off the truck so still a lot of transport protection on. Will get a load posted when I collect it.

Dealer had a red GT2 RS awaiting delivery to a customer parked up too. That was parked inside mind you 😂
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

I took delivery a week or so ago, loving the car so far, everything I hoped it would be.

Slightly disappointed with the dealer generally, I lost count how many times they tried to sell me additional products despite me saying I was covered and sorting it myself, car was half filled with fuel (seems a bit tight), and the real bug bear are some hologram effects in the paint on the front corner caused by machine polishing at some point, so it needs to go back to have that resolved but even that feels like although I took it back the next morning to show them I'm now having to chase them to resolve it. I don't see me using them again.

Trying not to let that spoil the car itself which is fabulous!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whilst it will not help you one thing I do is to check the car over before I pay the balance.

You need to go back yet again and get £40 off the dealer.

All new Porsche should be supplied with a full tank and your OPC knows that, its a Porsche GB instruction to all OPCs.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

For sure get the full tank of fuel as you have already paid for it. I would make them feel pretty small over that move and how they have cheated you lol.
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:57 pm Whilst it will not help you one thing I do is to check the car over before I pay the balance.

You need to go back yet again and get £40 off the dealer.

All new Porsche should be supplied with a full tank and your OPC knows that, its a Porsche GB instruction to all OPCs.
Thing is the paint issue wasn't obvious in the handover bay.

I thought I'd read that about a full tank but couldn't find it when I looked the other day, I thought I'd read it on the Porsche website
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Northandy, you will get a questionnaire from Porsche on your impressions of your OPC and the whole buying process. Doesn't sound like you'll be giving them full marks. One question they ask is 'Did your car come with a full tank of fuel?' They also ask about any issues and how the OPC has dealt with them. :geek:
Simon

Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 pm Northandy, you will get a questionnaire from Porsche on your impressions of your OPC and the whole buying process. Doesn't sound like you'll be giving them full marks. One question they ask is 'Did your car come with a full tank of fuel?' They also ask about any issues and how the OPC has dealt with them. :geek:
Just received the questionnaire today, not filled it in yet as waiting to see if I get contact about my paint issue without having to ask again, I suspect I know the answer. Off away in it next week so will enjoy it and worry about it when I get back.

Seems amazing they only put half a tank in then if that question is asked. Surely that's just an own goal.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Northandy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:17 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 pm Northandy, you will get a questionnaire from Porsche on your impressions of your OPC and the whole buying process. Doesn't sound like you'll be giving them full marks. One question they ask is 'Did your car come with a full tank of fuel?' They also ask about any issues and how the OPC has dealt with them. :geek:

Seems amazing they only put half a tank in then if that question is asked. Surely that's just an own goal.
Bean counters in big groups often forget the bigger picture.....at, say, £40 for 1/2 tank saved times 500 cars is £20K a year straight onto the bottom line. 4 or 5 dealerships in the same group and you’ve suddenly got £100 grand for the Chairman's pension pot😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

But don't poor scores on customer questionnaires affect the bottom line too, Paul? :?
Simon