New owner: Turbo with Performance Pack (Night Blue!)

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
GuyW

Post by GuyW »

Great looking car - that will be serious fun!

antsjey

Post by antsjey »

Hi there fellow PP owner, nice ride!

Agreed on the heated steering wheel, it is a £150 bargain in the never ending list of expensive options!
Your cabin must be sooo quiet with the insulated glass. My cabin is quiet with standard glass, almost too quiet in a weird kind of way!

Interesting to read your praise in comparison to the 911. I'm about 3 months into my Macan PP ownership and sometimes I yearn for a bit more sporting rawness, other times I just think how amazingly smooth and comfortable it is. I suppose in an ideal world I'd have a sports car for the nice weather days and a cruiser for other times..... One day...... :D

Anyway, enjoy the ride!
SCTOLCHARD

Post by SCTOLCHARD »

Hi All,

Apologies it's taken a while to upload an interior shot, I'm aware I did get asked for one a couple of weeks ago ...

The seat belt colour (essentially 'brown') is hard to make out, it's very close to the standard dark colour (carbon/black) - I (personal pref) wouldn't bother with this option again unless in a black/red interior.

'Still loving the car (1000 miles in 3 weeks!) but the front washer jets freeze up wayyyy to easily (overnight) despite the rear's being fine - most annoying!

Cheers, Si.

Resized_20171215_105438_504.jpg

Rgassaf

Post by Rgassaf »

Cool car, CONGRATS. I am also a Porsche Macan Turbo (Chrono Pack), 2.000km only, night blue, but not a Performance. I am just in love with it... What a car! What really surprise me - as a old Audi fan and owner - is the suspension. Also I had to agree is the fastest car I have been into, apart from the RS6 Performance. What a machine... enjoy it!
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

SCTOLCHARD wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 am Hi All,

Apologies it's taken a while to upload an interior shot, I'm aware I did get asked for one a couple of weeks ago ...

The seat belt colour (essentially 'brown') is hard to make out, it's very close to the standard dark colour (carbon/black) - I (personal pref) wouldn't bother with this option again unless in a black/red interior.

'Still loving the car (1000 miles in 3 weeks!) but the front washer jets freeze up wayyyy to easily (overnight) despite the rear's being fine - most annoying!

Cheers, Si.
Hi Sctolchard, we are thinking about this interior on a GTS have you had any comments regarding it not being "sporty" enough and how do you find the part leather interior? Do you regret not going full leather which I believe also has the contrast stitching on the door tops?
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

SCTOLCHARD wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 am Hi All,

Cheers, Si.
Looks great, can you just top up the washer with more fluid to get towards winter concentration?

Even with heated jets weak washer fluid freezes on the screen so i always run about 20% blue stuff in the winter.

You might have to read the can carefully as some is ready diluted.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
SCTOLCHARD

Post by SCTOLCHARD »

Hi Sidscott,

On the GTS I would consider leaving it "as is" , unless you go for the full GTS interior/leather pack (*). I would not put this interior in a GTS (despite it looking great!) as A. -I- don't think it'd be sporty enough, and B. ('cus of point A.) it may hit your pocket come selling/trade-in time...

When I traded in my Cayman GTS (FULL Agate-grey extended-leather with contrast stitching NOT the GTS interior/leather pack) I'm sure I saw a bit less due to the interior (and the Salesman said GTS buyers are expecting the Alcantara or full GTS interior Pack). The main reason I chose leather in that car is that I wanted the ventilated seats - this is not possible with the Alcantara seat "squabs" ... I'm sure this is the case with the Macan as I specced this feature (*).

Regarding the part leather (the non-leather parts being: lower half of Dash, Centre console and Door-cards), I'm fine with it - there's only a slight mismatch due to the top of dash's "contrast" stitched-leather and the top of the door card (being non-leather & no stitching). I'm ok with this and everybody else that's been in and seen the car (including Porsche Club members) absolutely love it and no-one's commented on the slight mismatch of material. I had to draw the line somewhere TBH ;) the rest of the non-leather dash and centre console look great - you'd not really spot they were non-leather: really nice.

Hope I didn't confuse you !!!

Cheers, Simon.
SCTOLCHARD

Post by SCTOLCHARD »

Hi Tim92gts,

You're correct - after that particular post I added about 150mls of Prestone Anti-Freeze (pre-mixed), I've not had that issue again (in over two weeks since).

All the best, Simon.
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Thanks for your thoughts Simon, much appreciated.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

SCTOLCHARD wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 pm Thanks for the kind words all, 'appreciated! :)

I went a bit crackers on the spec, but I wanted her to be as sporty as possible; whilst as safe and luxurious for the other-half to enjoy (and me!).

As promised, please find pics.

BTW, I've come to the Macan from a string of Porsche sports cars (inc. 3 x 911) - it really is THAT good. The "closest-to" Porsche that I could say my Macan 'feels and sounds' like is a previously owned 928 GT!

I hope to meet everyone at the next Macan get-together - distance and other-half (!) permitting.

- Si.
I have to say I love that blue.. your car looks stunning, such a fantastic options list. If you don't mind, I will pinch the black Porsche writing idea from you to put onto my Turbo that I purchased today.

One more question. I too am coming from a 911 (991.1) and to be honest am a little worried I will miss the excitement of the 911. How are you finding day to day driving? Does the Macan Turbo give you a buzz?
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.