New owner: Turbo with Performance Pack (Night Blue!)

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SCTOLCHARD

Post by SCTOLCHARD »

Hi All,

This is my first post but I'll admit to "lurking" here for the past 6 months - prior to my car being ordered (5 months wait).

I picked up my Night Blue car two weeks ago yesterday ( code is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJL8ITB8 ), and covered about 670 miles so far.

She replaced a fab Cayman GTS which I just fancied a change from (and I love the Macan anyway from previous "loans" @ my Porsche Centre).

'Thoughts so far ...

1. She no out-and-out Sports car but still very good in the corners whilst supplying all the comfort you could wish for when needed

2. Lights (LED with PDLS+) are excellent (coverage, brightness and colour) - I can safely leave these in full "auto" (400 miles were in the total dark on country roads & motorways)

3. Bose sound system is appreciable better than the Burmester in the Cayman (prob due to the large volume and proper rear speakers) - VERY happy with this

4. All the tech works just fine for me (128GB SD card with all iTunes music) and a Samsung Android phone over Bluetooth

5. Brakes (PCGB) are incredible - this is the second car I've had with them (first being an Audi S8): no squeals, quite progressive and super powerful. Control is noticeably better in the corners than other Macans I've driven with regular brakes (GTS and S Diesel) - down to the reduced up-sprung weight on each corner most likely

6. Performance is fantastic - quite probably the quickest car I've driven and it's not even run-in yet (I'm babying her!)

7. Heated Steering wheel - as an option this sounds crazy but is a bargain and one of my (and my other half's) fav things about the interior, especially with the recent (very) cold snap ...

8. Steering is great - having good weight and feel

9. The car is so quiet inside - probably helped with the sound and heat insulating glass option I picked

10. 18-way seats are just sublime and the leather is so soft, squishy and so much nicer than the full leather interior I had in the Cayman

11. "Lane-Keep" option is just weird, it freaks me out when it's working (during testing) - it's now disabled ...

12. Do I miss my Cayman? Not really; this probably says it all :)

- That's it for now but I'm sure more points & ideas will crop up and for sure I'll add some photos later (tonight).

Cheers, Simon.

Col M

Post by Col M »

Whilst I've not read all introductions, I think you're winning the spec list. Like you I thought heated steering wheel was going soft. But thankful for it this week.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Simon! :)

Wow! This is quite a spec! Your car (with options) cost more than my Panamera 4 (with options)!

Glad to hear that you're loving the Macan and not missing the Cayman GTS!

Some pics of your Turbo PP would be well received! ;)

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and what a great post. What a top spec.
Nice to hear you are enjoying the drive and certainly have the best wheels . I am biased 😉

Love to see some pics later and I would certainly look at Turbo PP as an upgrade to my GTS next.
Unless the 911 bug bites first 😀
GTS 😀
SCTOLCHARD

Post by SCTOLCHARD »

Thanks for the kind words all, 'appreciated! :)

I went a bit crackers on the spec, but I wanted her to be as sporty as possible; whilst as safe and luxurious for the other-half to enjoy (and me!).

As promised, please find pics.

BTW, I've come to the Macan from a string of Porsche sports cars (inc. 3 x 911) - it really is THAT good. The "closest-to" Porsche that I could say my Macan 'feels and sounds' like is a previously owned 928 GT!

I hope to meet everyone at the next Macan get-together - distance and other-half (!) permitting.

- Si.

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Thanks for sharing the pics. She's a great looking motor. Night Blue is a classy colour, and the rare PCCBs stand out nicely with their yellow calipers.

Wishing you many happy miles of Macaneering!

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

What a fantastic looking car. :D
Happy motoring.
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2
VanB

Post by VanB »

Welcome and delighted to see someone else with great taste in colour [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
happy days

Post by happy days »

Nice - health to enjoy!
Macan S D
718 S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Thats stunning. your pictures really do show off Night Blue very well.

With the best allows too :)

Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
GTS 😀