New member not a new owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Hi all,

Looking forward to using the forum for advice and read posts of owner experiences and tips.

Used forums for many years and member of PH, PCBG & Boxa.net, no longer own a Boxster but the banter there is good and maybe oneday i’ll find my way back into a Boxster.

Had my pre-owned Macan DS over a year now and love it.
It was about 6 months old when i bought it from Bournemouth OPC and being a family of 3, space is not an issue. Love the interior the ride and how quiet the cabin is which makes the Bose stereo sound great.
Its basically a family day out car as the wife has a company car and i have access to another 4wd porsche but the Macan is the transport if choice for relaxing drives.

Had an issue with a front parking sensor spurious warning but research lead to a front number plate position being the culprit, im talking mm’ movement to cause it.

The car isnt used much and the last couple of start-ups have seen the ACC warning pop up stating service required! ill need to check the ACC next time i use the car to see if its just lack of use or an actual fault.

So far, over 12 months in and about 4000 miles its fantastic
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome. :D

Glad you are enjoying your Macan.

Your ACC warning could just be a spurious alarm. I have had a couple of spurious alarms which never return.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

ScotMac wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:37 pm Welcome. :D

Your ACC warning could just be a spurious alarm. I have had a couple of spurious alarms which never return.
Good to know thank you.
Other than that loving the car. The previous owner specced it rather well, the only thing i would have liked was the option of the roof rails but these cannot be retrofitted im led to believe by my local OPC.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

r1flyguy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 pm
ScotMac wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:37 pm Welcome. :D

Good to know thank you.
Other than that loving the car. The previous owner specced it rather well, the only thing i would have liked was the option of the roof rails but these cannot be retrofitted im led to believe by my local OPC.
I too believe that roof rails cannot be retrofitted. I don't have them either but wouldn't really use them. Might be useful for a roof box but I think it would be difficult to fit bikes unless you were 8 feet tall.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I have roof rails on mine and regularly use a roof box. I used to always put bikes alongside our roof box but haven’t wanted to try it on the Macan. I wish I’d specced the tow bar too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

It could be worth researching aftermarket roof rails.

I'm pretty sure there are high quality suction cup systems available in USA so might be here too.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Something like this would work .... although this is a Cayenne.

IMG_5754.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
davewf

Post by davewf »

i used to see that on my SD when i just turned the key to start rather than pausing for the glow plugs to heat. i think its down to a low volt condition.
wait till glow plug light goes off.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Hawkeye wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 pm I have roof rails on mine and regularly use a roof box. I used to always put bikes alongside our roof box but haven’t wanted to try it on the Macan. I wish I’d specced the tow bar too.
When i was looking to purchase mine a tow bar was a must in the spec , albeit i have been told it can be retrofitted but at around £2k :shock: so it may have taken 6+ months to find ours but it has everything but the roof rails which to me is near perfect.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

davewf wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 pm i used to see that on my SD when i just turned the key to start rather than pausing for the glow plugs to heat. i think its down to a low volt condition.
wait till glow plug light goes off.

Thanks davewf, good to know a couple of you have had similar experiences and all was good

Previous - 2015 Macan SD