Porsche SprayMaster in Swindon

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
J.S.

Post by J.S. »

My beauty GTS ,delivered in June , was keyed on the car park recently ... Had body paint sorted through insurance, Porsche Bristol recommended Spray Master in Swindon. Do you have any opinion about them? Or is it just my luck that car was returned with fixed scratch on driver and passenger doors but with scratches on roof rail on the drivers side and faulty driver seat settings on the door panel (does not work at all now) :(
Must say it was in immaculate condition, apart from scratch, before they got the car there....

Jacek

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Hi J.S. Sorry to hear about you're experience and funny you should ask as I've just had mine in there too - picked it up on the 21st.

The repair appears to be excellent but I've found them a bit lacking in the detail - a missing stone guard (spotted on collection and attended to immediately) and then, this afternoon, I found this...

IMG_0705.JPG

I've already emailed my local OPC,who are part of the same group, so im banking on their PR and hoping to avoid the trip back to Swindon (sorry Simon!) A pain the butt all the same! 😡

Just hoping a significant dismantle isn't required to plug it all back in the right place.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Used them for a Sport Design kit to be fitted to my previous Porsche, a 991.1 C2. This included new Sport Design front spoiler (as fitted to GTS), rear ducktail spoiler, plus Sport Design mirrors. I was happy with their work. :)

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
JayOne

Post by JayOne »

I would stay away from Spraymaster and use another company if you want a stellar job done.
Regards

Jay

Professional Car Detailing Services - www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk
J.S.

Post by J.S. »

Dandock wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 pm Hi J.S. Sorry to hear about you're experience and funny you should ask as I've just had mine in there too - picked it up on the 21st.

The repair appears to be excellent but I've found them a bit lacking in the detail - a missing stone guard (spotted on collection and attended to immediately) and then, this afternoon, I found this...

IMG_0705.JPG

I've already emailed my local OPC,who are part of the same group, so im banking on their PR and hoping to avoid the trip back to Swindon (sorry Simon!) A pain the butt all the same! 😡

Just hoping a significant dismantle isn't required to plug it all back in the right place.
Thanks Dandock, I hope yours going to be sorted without major hassle

Jacek.
J.S.

Post by J.S. »

JayOne wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:20 am I would stay away from Spraymaster and use another company if you want a stellar job done.
Thanks JayOne, I will keep it in mind if I'd need to (hopefully not :D ) use any body paint repair in the future.
Jacek
Paul

Post by Paul »

J.S. wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 pm
JayOne wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:20 am I would stay away from Spraymaster and use another company if you want a stellar job done.
Thanks JayOne, I will keep it in mind if I'd need to (hopefully not :D ) use any body paint repair in the future.
Jacek

....although they are one of the few “Porsche Approved” bodyshops local to here (the vagaries of franchising mean the Bristol Lovett BMW approved bodyshop does not have Porsche approval)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

J.S. wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 pm
Dandock wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 pm Hi J.S. Sorry to hear about you're experience and funny you should ask as I've just had mine in there too - picked it up on the 21st.

IMG_0705.JPG

Thanks Dandock, I hope yours going to be sorted without major hassle

Jacek.
No problem Jacek and I hope you resolve your issues quickly and to your satisfaction.

I'm now booked in to OPC Tewkesbury on Friday for them to hopefully fix it. They think it could be a GPS sensor but that the back bumper may need to be removed! All bl**dy inconvenient but hey ho! And they haven't any interesting loaners available either. 😰
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Although a fair distance away from you, my Macan was recently fettled under warranty in the Lancaster bodyshop at Witham through Colchester OPC, and it was returned to me in better than original condition and with a small undetectable respray. I was loaned a nearly new Cayenne 4ltr diesel so the travel to/from was a pleasure. PM me if you want contact details. Now I've written this, I see you are sorted.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm Although a fair distance away from you, my Macan was recently fettled under warranty in the Lancaster bodyshop at Witham through Colchester OPC, and it was returned to me in better than original condition and with a small undetectable respray. I was loaned a nearly new Cayenne 4ltr diesel so the travel to/from was a pleasure. PM me if you want contact details. Now I've written this, I see you are sorted.
Thanks Frank - if you're referring to my repair. Appreciate the thought but as you have noted it's now been done - mostly. I'll report back after Tewkesbury have done their thing on Friday. It's so frustrating - and time wasting - when these things keep on going.