New Member - sanity check

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

Hi guys - sorry I've neglected this thread over Christmas - hope you've all had a great one!

So the opportunity has come up to take a PP Turbo with delivery miles - the spec is to 81.7k (so about 9k over my GTS spec) - it's jet black with the turbo interior and exterior packs, pano roof, air, heated seats, dimming mirrors, lighting pack and privacy. No reverse camera, adaptive cruise, lane change mirrors or heated steering wheel. No discount on offer.

Trouble is I can't drive it! Has anyone got experience of driving both a Turbo PP and a GTS? Any ideas if it will hold it's money as well as a GTS? If it's GTS +20% then I think I'm all in, if it's a Turbo +10% I'm less keen (having driven an early turbo and not loved it as much as the GTS)

All opinions welcome and much appreciated!

VanB

Post by VanB »

The turbo PP is a turbo tricked up with the same suspension etc as a GTS so will give you a similar driving experience to a GTS but with significantly more grunt. Whether it will hold its value like a GTS is anyone’s guess but I would suspect not.

Only my opinion and others will have other input
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Am I getting the vibe that the Turbo is a souped up SD, whereas the GTS is a nod more towards the Cayman/911 regards suspension, performance delivery etc?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

VanB wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 pm The turbo PP is a turbo tricked up with the same suspension etc as a GTS so will give you a similar driving experience to a GTS but with significantly more grunt. Whether it will hold its value like a GTS is anyone’s guess but I would suspect not.

Only my opinion and others will have other input
Van - if it's fairly limited in supply and has the GTS suspension etc I was hoping the residuals would hold up ok? I appreciate the entry price is that much higher...
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

nsm3 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm Am I getting the vibe that the Turbo is a souped up SD, whereas the GTS is a nod more towards the Cayman/911 regards suspension, performance delivery etc?
nam I think the idea of the PP is that you get the GTS handling fun with a bit more poke - at least I hope so - but I can't find one to drive!