New Member - sanity check

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

Hi Guys

Have been lurking around the site for a little while and thought I'd say hi - some lovely car collections on here and seems a nice friendly place having got used to Pistonheads!

I've recently bought a demo Macan GTS (with an agreed buy back price) to keep me in a car whilst I wait for my factory order which is due around 1 March. Trouble is the demo one is ridiculously loaded and I can't quite get my spec to match :roll: I'd keep the demo but it's white, I don't want white and am not that keen on wrapping it.

I've currently got as far as this

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ5MQ1H9

albeit not 100% sure on interior yet (alcantara or not, plain black or go mad and get red or pebble grey)

Have you guys got any helpful tips or advice? For context I've come from a RRS autobiography (hence have become accustomed to radar cruise, air suspension and great hi-fi!) and I have a weekend toy for when I want to be silly :twisted:

Cheers!

Mr M

martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Hi and welcome to the group. That looks like a nice spec GTS and has a lot in common with the spec of my turbo. Have you tried the Burmester sound system? It's an awful lot of money for a sound upgrade given that the head unit remains the same (speakers can never sound better than the source). The Bose system in mine is easily the best sounding car stereo I've ever come across and very nice to listen to (I have a house full of high end audio and am very picky). Try to listen to both systems side by side before deciding.

You need to add the spare wheel to your spec.

I don't think the LED headlight upgrade is worth the £800+ I paid for it but at £485 on a GTS I'd probably have it.

Interior light package or whatever Porsche call it is worth having. You don't get illuminated vanity mirrors without it. Yep. Cheapskates.

I don't think I'd put air on a GTS but have never tried it so someone with better knowledge than me will probably comment on that.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thats lots of spec and probably “ too many” extras relative to list price (if you care about that sort if thing😉)
Can’t comment in the air suspension as I don’t have it on mine, and my poor old ears along with Radio 2 find the ordinary stereo just fine😊
Irrespective of extras the GTS is a fine car (as I’m sure you’re finding out)....I don’t regret the full-on GTS interior on mine!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome, Great looking spec. 👍

Perfect time March - nice clean roads. :D
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and what a great spec.
The Burmester is a huge amount of money but if you really like your music and have the opportunity to listen to what you want then I can understand the choice.
If you have not already go listen to the standard system and Bose. I found standard more than enough for me and Bose was not enough of a change for me to pay the extra.

I have most of the options you have selected (excluding Burmester, air, roof rails) on my GTS.
I didn’t go for air as I felt it a little floaty but I came from some hard sport suspension Audi’s and PASM was plenty for me and great ride without feeling too firm in comfort mode.
Worth testing to see if you feel you need it.

So you can save yourself £4.5k by removing 2 options. 😏

Having said that I would look at the Full GTS interior which Is a costly add on but if you have added that much I would expect that on a car of that value. I love the Full GTS interior in mine and even though expensive it looks stunning.
Speed limit indicator is worth looking at. I use it all the time and displays the speed limits constantly for you away from the PCM display.

It seems to have been a long time since anyone has mentioned spare wheel. I took the advise of others and added a spare wheel. I hate the gunk stuff and don’t want to ever be in a position if that fails. Also if you have a spare wheel you can call Porsche assist to come and change which as my wife is driving the Macan was important for me.

Saying all the above I am certainly one to say spec what you want and enjoy it. Providing you are happy with the budget and don’t mind a possible hit when part ex time comes then go and enjoy 👍 (within reason) 😉
Some recent pictures of your colour choice on one of the threads and it looks very nice indeed 👍

What options does your current demo GTS have?
GTS 😀
wallaby

Post by wallaby »

Hello Mr M and welcome.
As an "air-head" and joining the Porsche family after many years with air sprung RRs and a long history of towing caravans it was just a natural option for me.
I have not "off-roaded" my GTS so have never lifted the vehicle in anger - but I always select the low setting together with sport mode when travelling solo. It just hunkers down beautifully.
When the "handbrake" is in attendance I acquiesce by selecting comfort, knock off the sport option but keep the low setting active.
If you intend to tow then air is a must - IMO.
Interestingly if you select the tow bar in a new Cayenne the air is obligatory, with the Macan purely an option.
Night blue and Agate-Pebble has proved to be a very co-ordinated scheme + heated and ventilated 14 way seats.
I shall now go away and hide. :lol:
991.2 C4 NIght Blue - collected 16/5/18
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJSWXUK8
GTS sold
Diesel S - Sold
Cayman 981 2.7 PDK - Sold
VanB

Post by VanB »

I have air on my GTS and love it. Needs to be in sport + for a properly firm setting and drive in sport for daily duties on the lowered setting. Sublimely comfortable and smooth ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Cjm360

Post by Cjm360 »

That’s pretty similar to my GTS on order. I’ve gone with Agate grey paint with black stitched red interior, I didn’t order lane assist as I had it on Rrs SVR and didn’t like it, also no roof rails as no use for them. Roll on March
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

Guys thank you for the super helpful replies, and great to see a couple of other Night Blue GTS' on here!

re the sound system I haven't heard the 'standard' one but my demo has Burmester and I listened back to back with Bose at the showroom last Saturday. Unfortunately I really, really like it, found the bass a bit 'muddy' on the Bose and am worried that if I now don't get it, it'll annoy me every time I drive the car (every day!)...

re air suspension I just feel like it gives the suspension that extra little bit of compliance and actually I quite like the 'floaty' feeling in comfort when on the motorway and driving around london. Legacy of Range Rover ownership probably! I won't tow anything but do have a labrador and a my OH is only about 5' tall so being able to lower the car a couple of cm is an added bonus for them!

I'd really like the GTS interior but as a couple of you have pointed out my spec is already on the expensive side of a bit silly and given I've got no interest in the colour of my seat belts and actually prefer the black dials it comes down to c. £1600 for the stitching, and I just don't think I want it that much!

The spec on my ex demo is; carrara white; air suspension; burmester; carbon inside, side blades, and sills; the non-gts full black leather interior with white deviated stitching and white seat centres, crested headrests; panoramic roof, sports chrono, 18 way heated seats, lane departure, roof rails, led lights, black door handles, park assist with rear view, privacy glass, sport design mirrors and erm, probably a few other things I've forgotten! Stormtrooper Spec!

Wallaby - how brown is the agate grey leather on the dash and steering wheel? Do you have any pics of it against the night blue? I've not managed to see one in the flesh... Lolz at the 'handbrake'!

cjm - I could live without the lane assist but found it really useful on the rangey, being such a big bus! Bet the SVR was a giggle, I thought about one but chickened out and bought a diesel. I'm not a big MPG watcher but given I already have a car that does 10-12 mpg I couldn't face a daily driver that did the same!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Have you looked at a Turbo or have you settled on GTS ?