Newbie intro

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

VanB wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:39 pm
ScotMac wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:04 pm As far as options are concerned I think you should only spec what YOU want and will use.

You will get lots of advise on "must have" options which will add thousands to your price. Why pay for options for the next owner.
Sound advice from a wise man!
I like the "wise man bit" :D :D :D

(where do I send the Β£20?)

VanB

Post by VanB »

I thought we agreed Β£200? Ignore everything this idiot says πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

BHT wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:30 pm Is going the diesel route frowned upon by genuine Porsche enthusiasts? Surely the mpg on the GTS is going to be about half what the diesel will do.

Or am I missing something here guys?
To be honest I don't think it's porsche enthusiast that are the issue, for me Diesel engines have become the scapegoat now (funny how a few years ago the uk government were happy to make diesel cars cheaper to tax)

I currently have a 3.0d x3 and I get about 35mpg. I'm expecting to get low 20's from the gts it's a decision I'm happy to make.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

VanB wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:35 pm I thought we agreed Β£200? Ignore everything this idiot says πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder you can afford the C4 GT :D
BHT

Post by BHT »

Thanks once again for all the advice and opinions....
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and what a cracking spec. Carbon finishes look very nice indeed.

Assuming you are not too concerned about residuals then you really do have everything and some needed for a great drive.
Assume you are a high mileage driver or another good reason you have gone for diesel as going for a GTS would only be a little more for the same spec but residuals would obviously be much better.
If you are not a high mileage user (consider possible DPF issues) then the fuel costs will be very little difference and residuals on GTS will make up for it on your spec imo.

If you have not already go listen to the standard and Bose audio. I found very little difference.

I always say spec your car for you and enjoy it. Even if it costs a bit more enjoy it 100% πŸ‘

Sport design mirrors are nice to have πŸ˜‰
GTS πŸ˜€
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Nice looking SD - one thing I found moving to Porsche was it is more acceptable to hassle them to see options fitted/working and colours, including test drives in other models (not that I did that) make sure you get your fair share of coffee and biscuits :D .

Then you can be more considered and as others say if you are doing the miles and/or intend to keep it for quite a few years (not so common on this forum :lol: ) make it yours.

My SD is 30+mpg for stop-start shopping/tip/diy :x trips and just shy of 40 on my 44 mile work run, I have forced 50mpg out of it but can't be asked on regular basis :lol: :lol:

Don't regret the choice fantastic car for all aspects 8-)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960