Newbie intro

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
BHT

Post by BHT »

Greetings folks.

Just a quick intro, I’m new to all things Porsche and, having never owned one, it’s going to be a steep learning curve.

Even before SUV’s were created I was a fan of them having already envisaged the vision in my days while working for Rolls Royce some 38 years ago.

I’m currently a Lexus RX450h owner and the Macan has grabbed my attention.

I have specked this PJINA5B5 and just wondered if the collective here have any ‘nooo don’t have that’ or ‘you really need to add this’ advice.

I’m sure there will be many questions to come but I promise not to ask any ‘what oil does it take’ type questions ;)
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

That’s a big spec.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D

Big looking spec.. Have you tried speccing a GTS or a Turbo - might end up a similar price.

You will eventually get some replies but everyone seems busy just now. Not sure why. :? :? :?
BHT

Post by BHT »

Thanks Tom/Scott.

Regarding the GTS and Turbo.... my other vehicle is an old Land Cruiser which does around 19/21mpg. Now I know mentioning MPG and Porsche in the same sentence is probably not the right thing to do but, as this will be my daily driver I was hoping to see low 30’s from the V6 oil burner.

Not sure why everyone is busy, is something happening tomorrow.... ? ;)
Col M

Post by Col M »

Well my SD is fully loaded (with gifts) for the family Xmas circuit tomorrow! I'm not sure how many of the colours you've seen in person. I think you'll find going with black options is going to reveal how much brown is in the Agate Grey. Volcano stays "grey" IMO.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
BHT

Post by BHT »

Thanks Col.... have to say I did spot some ‘Green’ in the Agate Grey.... I need to get back to the dealers and have another look before I hit the button.
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Blimey that's a mighty spec 😎 It's more than my gts is costing me.

I would say like others have, check out the colours in the flesh, my first choice was Agate, which I then swapped to red and now Sapphire blue!.

Smokers pack (covers that hole in the centre console) I saw one at the dealers without it and was surprised how odd it looked.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

My SD was pre specced and has over £15k worth of options. Had I put more thought into it, for the money, I would've gone GTS as I reckon the residuals will hold better? My 981 had £17k of options and it didn't really pay back come trade-in time.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
BHT

Post by BHT »

Is going the diesel route frowned upon by genuine Porsche enthusiasts? Surely the mpg on the GTS is going to be about half what the diesel will do.

Or am I missing something here guys?
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

There is a bit of that. Also to some mpg is not important. You pay your money and make your choice.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)