Almost there

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
BHT

Post by BHT »

Following on from this thread I have decided to go for a pre owned SD and have found a 6 month old one in almost the same spec for £15k less.

The only thing holding me back is it was a main dealer courtesy car, so although it has only had 1 owner it could have had 100 drivers..... am I getting concerned over nothing and should just go for it?
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.

andreas

Post by andreas »

No problem with it being a courtesy car; people tend to treat them carefully. In many ways, having had multiple drivers is a good thing, as the car will have been used in different ways.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would be hesitant. I have seen dealer demo cars in awful condition for their age. I remember years ago going to look at a 6 month old Honda CR-V. On the phone I was told it was the sales managers car and it was immaculate. I went to look and found deep scratches down both sides of the car. Salesman came out all excited and enthusiastic, I asked him where the immaculate CRV was that he wanted to sell me. He looked rather confused and said that this was the car. I pointed out the scratches and oh yes he said those will polish out, now if they were to polish out it would have been done as they knew I was coming. Sales manager apparently lived down a farm lane with hedges very close either side so for 6 months he scratched the car every day.

Good bye and thanks for wasting my time was my response.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Have a good look at it. Just make sure there is no damage / scratches etc.
Check the tyres and tread (are they the originals will give you an idea on use)

Ask if any work has been carried out on it.
Apart from that you can’t tell how it’s been driven which is the same for any second hand car.

Nice thing is Porsche are designed to be driven hard so don’t think you have any issues.
You can extend the warranty for not too much money (or ask them to add 1 year free for you)
Don’t ask you don’t get.
So I don’t see any real issues especially if its pretty much the spec you want too

Just do plenty of checks and I am sure you will be fine 👍
GTS 😀
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

£15k less than new price sounds a huge reduction. Whilst that is attractive it sounds too big a reduction unless the ass really has fallen out of SD values in which case for sure buy the used car.
BHT

Post by BHT »

Thanks for the feedback.

I have already been to view the SD and it looked fine, just two small marks on the bonnet that the sales guy said would probably polish out. The interior was fine.

Have to say as the Mrs was working all day yesterday I spent most of the day watching GTS Youtube vids on the TV..... now they do sound lovely and doing the sums means only about £1,500 difference in fuel costs per year.

So don’t be surprised if I change my mind and start asking GTS questions soon :D
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

£125 a month sounds even better.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ex loan cars don’t normally present a problem (same as ex demos really - no difference)

Yes, they have had multiple drivers but ask yourself how do you drive a loan car? Probably as carefully, if not more carefully than your own car.

With the PDK you cannot really do any clutch damage, and as above Porsches are designed to be driven!

Without re-stating the obvious, check for cosmetic damage (inside and out) and get a tyre depth report.

If you stick with the SD try for an extended warranty and a bit more off......but the GTS does sound really nice.....😈
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Just keep listening to that little GTS voice in your head, it is talking a lot of sense ;)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hi BHT, that sure is a huge spec on the 6m. old SD - £48,289 RRP now + £20,711 of extras - wow over 40%. No wonder they're knocking £15k off the price. I'd push for more. How many miles has it done? If it got the spec / colour you desire then go for it.

As you are a current Lexus RX450h owner, then the Macan will blow you away with its abilities. How many miles do you do p.a? mainly short trips or on congested roads with low average speeds? That will influence a diesel or petrol final decision IMO. Best wishes on your final decision and Happy 2018 Macan motoring. :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver