Deposit paid, thoughts on spec

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Hello All
HNY.!

just catching up on the forum and in particular this one. You can easily burn days on the configurator and still at the end be undecided on choice.

He are my thoughts (I dont have a GTS, but a Petrol S). however ive had 4 GTS weekend demos in 2017 so I know the car well enough.. ALSO for the past 2 weeks ive had/have a loaner Macan 2.0 petrol while Porsche sort out the annoying noise from the engine in my car.. anyway..

I think the standard GTS seats are good, but only with the drivers memory package added. (for little money it adds some nice touches which you would get used to). As for 14 ways.. this 2.0 petrol has the 14 way comfort seats and my back aches like you would not believe.. In my Petrol S, I opted for the 18ways which i find great.... Although my wife 5.4ft tall, thinks the seat sides are to high sided to get in and out of..

Personally I would stick with the GTS standard interior as its pretty good IMO.
Privacy glass is a must on a GTS for the stealth look. Also I think due to the nature of the car, I find you do get a lot of people gawping at you/car quite a lot, so with the kids in the back I went for privacy. (it might be a northern thing)

the 2.0 petrol has a couple of things I didn't spec, which I wish I had.. and also a couple of things im glad I hadn't specd
Should have...
Heated steering wheel.. £180quid why on why did I not spec this?? Its brilliant and should be added.
Speed limit display.. again only a couple of hundred and I wished id spec'd this as well.
LED headlights lights for the £500 upgrade for a GTS. they are light years ahead of halogens and the comparison to the xenon's I have on the Petrol S is a lot different as well.

Can do without
Sport Chrono.. Its fun, but unless you are in launch control at every set of traffic lights for me it a short lived option.. (on my Petrol S, I added the compass option for £230 to break up the long dashboard for aesthetics only)
Sports exhaust.. again a fun option, but in day to day commuting, im not sure it adds anything for me personally.
Bose sound.. I don't have it on my Petrol S, but the 2.0 loaner has it.. Do I hear a difference ?? yes, but is the difference worth to me £800 No... Also I drive without music on, so its only used when the kids/wife gets in.

Other things I have on the Petrol S and would get again if I was speccing
Heated back seats if you carry kids/family regularly.. My kids have them on max constantly.
interior light package is about £200 and I think it sets the interior off well with nice crisp white lights, and not the yellow tinged lighting
Homelink.. Only useful for garages and gated areas
pano roof. although we never open it, it does make the cabin feel light a spacious.
smoker pack.. we dont smoke but the void left without the lid is simply annoying to me.

Other things I wish id spec'd on petrol S
storage pack, the netting thing under to boot tray would be ideal for a golf brolly.. instead for me it bloody rolls around in the boot. arghh.
window blinds.. £140 quid.. they are great for the kids and the low winters sun
keyless start (but not actually for the keyless entry bit)... Im 6.2ft and sit close to the wheel, however it means the key currently sometimes catches my knee when I move my feet from the loud to brake pedal.

all in all, if I was speccing a GTS, with the items I would choose, it would be around £63k

spook

Post by spook »

Hi,

I did not have a GTS but to me my Petrol S was fine with PASM on 21" sports classics.
You will be fine with PASM on 20" Spyders and you also have the choice of all weather or standard tyres with 20".

Get an overnight test drive to see if you need the auto dimming mirrors, never dipped my mirror on the Macan or the RRE before it as it was so high on the road. Going to a 911 I was toying with it but after an overnight test drive went for privacy glass instead as it does IMO just as good a job.
After asking the question on this forum it appears the rear view and drivers door mirror do not fully darken and there is about 2 to 3 mm around the edge which does not and you can still get dazzled.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

IainSmith wrote:Hello All
HNY.!

just catching up on the forum and in particular this one. You can easily burn days on the configurator and still at the end be undecided on choice.

He are my thoughts (I dont have a GTS, but a Petrol S). however ive had 4 GTS weekend demos in 2017 so I know the car well enough.. ALSO for the past 2 weeks ive had/have a loaner Macan 2.0 petrol while Porsche sort out the annoying noise from the engine in my car.. anyway..

I think the standard GTS seats are good, but only with the drivers memory package added. (for little money it adds some nice touches which you would get used to). As for 14 ways.. this 2.0 petrol has the 14 way comfort seats and my back aches like you would not believe.. In my Petrol S, I opted for the 18ways which i find great.... Although my wife 5.4ft tall, thinks the seat sides are to high sided to get in and out of..

Personally I would stick with the GTS standard interior as its pretty good IMO.
Privacy glass is a must on a GTS for the stealth look. Also I think due to the nature of the car, I find you do get a lot of people gawping at you/car quite a lot, so with the kids in the back I went for privacy. (it might be a northern thing)

the 2.0 petrol has a couple of things I didn't spec, which I wish I had.. and also a couple of things im glad I hadn't specd
Should have...
Heated steering wheel.. £180quid why on why did I not spec this?? Its brilliant and should be added.
Speed limit display.. again only a couple of hundred and I wished id spec'd this as well.
LED headlights lights for the £500 upgrade for a GTS. they are light years ahead of halogens and the comparison to the xenon's I have on the Petrol S is a lot different as well.

Can do without
Sport Chrono.. Its fun, but unless you are in launch control at every set of traffic lights for me it a short lived option.. (on my Petrol S, I added the compass option for £230 to break up the long dashboard for aesthetics only)
Sports exhaust.. again a fun option, but in day to day commuting, im not sure it adds anything for me personally.
Bose sound.. I don't have it on my Petrol S, but the 2.0 loaner has it.. Do I hear a difference ?? yes, but is the difference worth to me £800 No... Also I drive without music on, so its only used when the kids/wife gets in.

Other things I have on the Petrol S and would get again if I was speccing
Heated back seats if you carry kids/family regularly.. My kids have them on max constantly.
interior light package is about £200 and I think it sets the interior off well with nice crisp white lights, and not the yellow tinged lighting
Homelink.. Only useful for garages and gated areas
pano roof. although we never open it, it does make the cabin feel light a spacious.
smoker pack.. we dont smoke but the void left without the lid is simply annoying to me.

Other things I wish id spec'd on petrol S
storage pack, the netting thing under to boot tray would be ideal for a golf brolly.. instead for me it bloody rolls around in the boot. arghh.
window blinds.. £140 quid.. they are great for the kids and the low winters sun
keyless start (but not actually for the keyless entry bit)... Im 6.2ft and sit close to the wheel, however it means the key currently sometimes catches my knee when I move my feet from the loud to brake pedal.

all in all, if I was speccing a GTS, with the items I would choose, it would be around £63k
Two things strike me about your post .... what a generous OPC with 4 GTS demo weekends! And, I have the storage pack and have never used that net and do just have my umbrella rattling around ..... problem solved! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

My umbrella doesn’t roll n rattle. It must The the Hi-Vis coat and other assorted crap in the boot holding it all together.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

IainSmith wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:24 pm keyless start (but not actually for the keyless entry bit)... Im 6.2ft and sit close to the wheel, however it means the key currently sometimes catches my knee when I move my feet from the loud to brake pedal.
Try not to sit too close as that is a major contribution to injuries in some accidents.

If you can get comfortable further back the air bag has more time to do its' job and your legs will be further way from anything solid.

Tim
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Davismj wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm Hi All

Just joined the forum, found it v v helpful prior to test drive. Have spec up code PJN59X71 and pondering two changes, keen on thoughts

- is the air suspension good value and worthwhile, or is PASM sufficient? I live in sticks in Surrey with lots of v bumpy roads, current car (Audi S5) is way too firm and keen to avoid similar here
- how do people find the 8 way gts sports seats? The test drive we had was in an SD with 14 way comfort so not sure how they compare? Takes me over initial max budget but don’t want to regret sports seats long term

Anything else that is missing based on people’s experience? First Porsche so v keen to get it right

Thanks
I went from only PASM on an SD to Air on my S, and value the smoother ride, but on a GTS I wouldn't bother, if you are a spirited driver - Torque vectoring?
We also went from 18 to 14 way seats and their flatter side bolsters. The higher ones on our first Macan were already showing creasing due to flattening them every time we got in and out after 16k miles. No real difference in comfort, we don't miss the extra adjustments and Mrs B likes her 2 memory settings, no3 is for the grand daughter.
I'm already speccing Macan No 3, a GTS, and would leave off auto dim mirrors, stick with Xenons, go full leather with carbon trim/ htd st wheel.
Since we travel a lot, the compass givs us interesting info and breaks up the dash, better value than sp chrono which you will play with only a few times. Speed limiter is a must, but I don't like the look that privacy glass gives, so plain for me then an aftermarket tint, almost legal, all round gives a far better look. Easily removed at trade in.
White dials so you can see them, if you want to, but the digital speed indicator is enough really. Basic parking sensors enough for me, I hardly ever look at the rear view camera, and none of the driving 'aids' appeal. Individually not too pricey but they add up.
If you want the shiny exhausts that come with the alloy window trim, have the trim wrapped in matt black, I did and delighted with the look. As with tinting, easily removed. My current GTS spec comes out at 67k - PJT351V9
Colours obv individual, so no comment from me, apart from a should have on a GTS - red seat belts.
Have fun.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Davismj

Post by Davismj »

Thanks again all. Think I have finalised spec

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ68KVS1

Removed the air suspension, added full leather (cannot stretch to full interior with stitching), changed the seats and added LED lights and some other smaller items. This is my absolute max budget so think I need to close the configuration site and wait patiently for build date, hoping April slot, tho TBC
Paul

Post by Paul »

Personally, I would go back to the black spyders and drop the bose in favour of the stitching (GTS interior).....but I’m sure others will disagree!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Paul wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:10 pm Personally, I would go back to the black spyders and drop the bose in favour of the stitching (GTS interior).....but I’m sure others will disagree!
Agree dropping Bose for GTS stitching 👍

Unless Davismj has listed to both and prefers Bose and can tell enough difference?

Davismj your spec is very nice indeed. Notice no dimming mirrors? Not sure if this was accident or not but is unusual not to have this or privacy glass?
GTS 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:10 pm Personally, I would go back to the black spyders and drop the bose in favour of the stitching (GTS interior).....but I’m sure others will disagree!

I agree with Paul. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018