Deposit paid, thoughts on spec

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Davismj

Post by Davismj »

Hi All

Just joined the forum, found it v v helpful prior to test drive. Have spec up code PJN59X71 and pondering two changes, keen on thoughts

- is the air suspension good value and worthwhile, or is PASM sufficient? I live in sticks in Surrey with lots of v bumpy roads, current car (Audi S5) is way too firm and keen to avoid similar here
- how do people find the 8 way gts sports seats? The test drive we had was in an SD with 14 way comfort so not sure how they compare? Takes me over initial max budget but don’t want to regret sports seats long term

Anything else that is missing based on people’s experience? First Porsche so v keen to get it right

Thanks

Paul

Post by Paul »

Can’t really comment on the Air as I don’t have it on mine. Without is absolutely fine, co fort and hadling wise.

I had 14 ways on my first SD but the 8 way sports seats on my current GTS are fine (for me - with memory pack)

No (adjustable) lumbar support which some may find a problem and the little “extra” I did like with the full comfort seats was the electric steering column adjustment and the seats moving back as you enter the car and tucking you in as you turn the key! (I know, I know..little things.....!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I have 18 way sports seats in my GTS which are the same as the 8 ways but with more adjustments and firmer squabs. I could live with the 8 ways in general but I wanted comfort access and the adjustable thigh support which required the upgrade.

I have air but wanted it for towing more than day to day. My SE tried to warn me off it as not making a big difference on the road, but the towing requirement meant I was going to get it anyway.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Have now looked at your spec but most of my comments are personal taste so feel free to ignore.

- Partial leather is nice but better if you can stretch to full in my view, so you get leather on the top of surfaces.
- I went back and forwards with painted sideblades (my car is VG) but in the end think that non-painted is better on dark cars, especially with the texture of the GTS blades.
- I don't think you need Sport Design mirrors on a dark car. I was going for the on a light colour then got rid of them when I changed to VG.
- I understand why you are going for aluminimum trim, but it isn't very 'GTS' :-)
- I don't have/need/miss/want PS+, but lots of people do.
- Sport Chrono is fun, but 'not worth it'. I did get it and would do again!
- Same comment on alu trim as to the exhaust pipes. Undoing that GTS stealth look.

Surround view would be nice, I use it a lot.
Heated steering wheel is 'cheap' and great.

Charles
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Welcome, I ordered my GTS a few weeks ago, still not fully settled on my spec yet, but...

I haven't gone with air, was considering it but general feedback was the standard setup is more than ok.

Apparently the standard sound is pretty good too.

I found the 8 way seats very good, I'm sure adaptive are even better though.

I'm going full gts leather with silver stitching, I figure I'm sat in it so want it to feel good around me.

Heated SW seems very popular so I'm having that too.

My current spec is PJ118XN5
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome. Very nice spec and a GTS is a great drive. 👍

Having owned various recent Audi S5 / A5 I can say the that my Macan GTS which has PASM as standard is a lot smoother than the Audi sport suspension.
Even when the Macan is on the Sport plus option I think it’s still a nicer smoother ride so when on comfort it is very nice and smooth. I had no need for air whatsoever.

I certainly found the Macan 18 ways far more comfortable than all my Audi’s (not to say Audi are bad but just Porsche seats are very comfy) try them all out and see what adjustments you may need. The 18ways are snugg 😀.

If you go with 8way seats then add the driver memory pack. It’s standard on 14 and 18ways.
I see you selected exterior aluminium finish on the window surrounds which not sure I have seen on a GTS.
Your spec is nice and don’t think you have missed anything of concern.
It’s really personal choice and some of my views on items I selected on my GTS below which may help.
I would consider privacy glass or auto dimming mirrors (I have both but both certainly not required)
Speed limit display. Great to see what the speed limits are on the porsche dials.
I agree with Charles comment on the sport designs not needed on dark colour (I have them but I have rhodium 😉)
Not sure if you have listened to the standard and Bose audio? I found as others have that there is not enough difference to warrant the extra. Worth a listen to see what you think.

Last is the full GTS interior. Bloody expensive.... but it’s lovely.

As always spec what you want based on your requirements and budget.
Enjoy the ride 👍
GTS 😀
Davismj

Post by Davismj »

Thanks all, v helpful. My wife thinks my new hobby is spending hours on the configuration website!
Agree with the comments on the Ali exhaust and mirror trims, was unsure on this already and based on other GTS specs I have seen is not ‘typical gts’. Have swapped the air suspension for 14 way comfort as no net cost and then added surround camera and auto dimming mirrors
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

Davismj wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:21 pm Thanks all, v helpful. My wife thinks my new hobby is spending hours on the configuration website!
Agree with the comments on the Ali exhaust and mirror trims, was unsure on this already and based on other GTS specs I have seen is not ‘typical gts’. Have swapped the air suspension for 14 way comfort as no net cost and then added surround camera and auto dimming mirrors
How long was your test drive? All I can say is that I had a day in a loan car with 14 way seats and they gave both me (16 stone, 6 ft tall) and my girlfriend(5 ft tall and won't tell me what she weighs, but not a lot!) awful lumbar area backache after a few hours. The sports seats are just fine for both of us - not sure why but thought it worth mentioning! If it's the memory function you're after there is I think a separate option for c. 250
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Northandy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 pm Welcome, I ordered my GTS a few weeks ago, still not fully settled on my spec yet, but...

I haven't gone with air, was considering it but general feedback was the standard setup is more than ok.

Apparently the standard sound is pretty good too.

I found the 8 way seats very good, I'm sure adaptive are even better though.

I'm going full gts leather with silver stitching, I figure I'm sat in it so want it to feel good around me.

Heated SW seems very popular so I'm having that too.

My current spec is PJ118XN5
Great spec 👍
If you go 8 way then I would suggest to add driver memory pack....14 and 18 have it as standard.

The full GTS interior does make it a very special place to be.
GTS 😀
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Pictures from my pickup where I detail the options I had might help....or just add more time on the configurator.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5239