Turbo with PP on order...

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
spook

Post by spook »

Hi N13LXC,

Please don't get the "Range Day" confused with the "Experience Day" both are at Silverstone.

The "Experience Day" is what you get when you have purchased or have a deposit down on a Porsche and it is usually half a day with the model and version you have / or are about to purchase.

The "Range Day" is also half a day and usually for existing customers where you are given an opportunity to drive the cars in the range 911, Panamara, Macan and 718 B & C and are taken off road in the Cayenne with one of the instructors.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(

N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

spook wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:38 am Hi N13LXC,

Please don't get the "Range Day" confused with the "Experience Day" both are at Silverstone.

The "Experience Day" is what you get when you have purchased or have a deposit down on a Porsche and it is usually half a day with the model and version you have / or are about to purchase.

The "Range Day" is also half a day and usually for existing customers where you are given an opportunity to drive the cars in the range 911, Panamara, Macan and 718 B & C and are taken off road in the Cayenne with one of the instructors.
Ah! That makes sense! Thanks for the clarification! Look forward to the experience day...one thing i think a lot of premium manufacturers are missing out on.

Ive had 2 RS4’s and no experience day pre delivery for either. I did go on a “test day” for the audi experience at Knockhill in Scotland...that was good fun! Really gives you an appreciation for what these cars can do.
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

N13LXC wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 pm Got a run in the standard Turbo, but couldn't get a PP. was happy with the Turbo, but, as I always tend to do, I opted for the next one up...

from what I've seen on reviews (of the few that there are) it gets a good write up - apart from people always saying "GTS is plenty"... maybe it is, if you're coming from a 2.0TDi or something... noise, presence and options on the PP sealed it for me...
:lol: I know what you mean, the 'one up bug' is strong in me too

I've spent a lot of time looking for reviews and there really aren't many, and most of the ones available seem to be in northern Finland, somewhere near Santa's house so not ideal. Like you I've crossed fingers and taken the plunge...
VanB

Post by VanB »

I very much doubt you will be disappointed as the PP is like a GTS on steroids and everyone raves about the GTS. Good choice IMO
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Mr Moley wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am
:lol: I know what you mean, the 'one up bug' is strong in me too

Glad it's not just me! :lol:
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d