New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Similar for Bose.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8

Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Andy_rs600 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:54 pm
Northandy wrote: ↑Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:45 pm Spare wheel is listed under the wheel section of the configurator.
Thanks, I was obviously being a bit of a moron. Found it now.
The only reason I knew is I made the same mistake πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Andy_rs600

Post by Andy_rs600 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: ↑Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm I don't have PTV so am not that familiar with what it does, if anything, when pulling away from rest. I believe its main purpose is cornering accuracy at speed isn't it? Have you been advised differently, and that the diff can be locked in the way you suggest?

At the Silverstone experience day one of the things I tried was full power starts on the ice hill, with and without traction control on. The difference was dramatic to say the least. I think you should have enough traction control with the standard setup, even on a muddy slipway.
What I know is that the PTV option adds the electronic rear diff-lock in place of the standard open diff (porsche website), and that the PTV does interact in some way with the "off-road" setting in order to reduce wheelspin with changed settings (porsche website & dealer). No one has been able to tell me exactly what it does, or how close to a fully-locked rear diff the system is able to get.

It's reassuring to hear the traction control works pulling away. That's the main limit on my A6 at the moment, and the biggest difference between the Audi system and a proper off-road traction control on something like a freelander.
Last edited by Andy_rs600 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 SD, Saphire, Air, PTV, LED PDSL+,
East Midlands Immediate Care Scheme http://emics.org.uk/
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OK, thanks for that Andy, interesting stuff. I'll have to see if I can dig a bit deeper. It will be useful information for those who need the best traction in slippery conditions.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

You’re spec looks fine for the usage you’ve described. Interesting that you chose the 2.0 wheels when you could get the more expensive S wheels for no extra charge. What really intrigues me is your choice of a fire extinguisher? Do you anticipate a fire in the car?
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Col M

Post by Col M »

Well the fire extinguisher option gives a perfect fitting to hold a thermos. πŸ€— Though I thought it's placement clashed with the storage package?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Andy_rs600

Post by Andy_rs600 »

Fire extinguisher since sometimes used to carry oxygen cylinders for work, saves me finding somewhere to store one.

I actually just much prefer the look of the standard wheels.
2018 SD, Saphire, Air, PTV, LED PDSL+,
East Midlands Immediate Care Scheme http://emics.org.uk/
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Col M wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 pm Well the fire extinguisher option gives a perfect fitting to hold a thermos. πŸ€— Though I thought it's placement clashed with the storage package?
Or a litre bottle of vodka for when stuck in a snowdrift.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Nice spec and welcome
Assume you have added fire extinguisher due to traveling to various countries which by law require you to have one.

Based on the amount of driving you are doing you and possible various locations may want to consider the speed limit display?
Smoking package to cover the not so pleasant hole in the front?
GTS πŸ˜€
Col M

Post by Col M »

Tom 2000 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm
Col M wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 pm Well the fire extinguisher option gives a perfect fitting to hold a thermos. πŸ€— Though I thought it's placement clashed with the storage package?
Or a litre bottle of vodka for when stuck in a snowdrift.
No I found the neck to too small? πŸ˜•
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble