Nearly bought a Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

If you are doing 30k ish mainly motorway miles then you will not have any DPF issues, the mpg will be high 30s at least and tyre wear will be 20k or so miles between changes. These cars are built for that sort of mileage/journeys as most cars are these days

Your biggest issue with that sort of mileage will be depreciation but that is the same with any modern marque

The bigger question is whether you need such a prestige/expensive car for that sort of mileage. A modern Passat for half the price will be just as good. A first world issue for you
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

gtipirelli wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:44 pm If you are doing 30k ish mainly motorway miles then you will not have any DPF issues, the mpg will be high 30s at least and tyre wear will be 20k or so miles between changes. These cars are built for that sort of mileage/journeys as most cars are these days

Your biggest issue with that sort of mileage will be depreciation but that is the same with any modern marque

The bigger question is whether you need such a prestige/expensive car for that sort of mileage. A modern Passat for half the price will be just as good. A first world issue for you
You must be on the same wave length as me - my thoughts exactly. On shorter (mostly) journeys I get 32mpg.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hello Nigel
Have you driven a Macan SD yet and if so for at least an hour on mixed roads?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Hi. Tyre mileage appears to vary quite a lot depending on wheel size / type of tyre. I have 20" with Michelin all season tyres and hoping to get about 25,000 miles ( currently 21,000). I can easily get 40 mpg but it can obviously vary depending on your type of driving. My normal commute is A and B roads. Don't do a lot of motorway driving but 40 ish should still be achievable. With your mileage DPF problems should not be an issue. I have had no DPF issues to date.
It is lovely machine for covering large mileages πŸ‘
nigelj

Post by nigelj »

gtipirelli wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:44 pm ....
It's nothing to do with need...my V40 is a perfectly good car and only has 62k on the clock.

It's about me having sold my last bike last year (KTM 1190) after riding for 40 years, and never having had a Porsche before!!
nigelj

Post by nigelj »

SAC1 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:13 pm Hello Nigel
Have you driven a Macan SD yet and if so for at least an hour on mixed roads?
Hi. Yes, mixed roads but not for an hour. Probably 20-25 mins. Intend to ask the dealer for a longer drive before I make my mind up.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Hi Nigel

I'm in the same boat as you - we have our McCann for exactly a year now and it's just coming up on 30k. Original tyres - Michelin all seasons with the standard 18" rims. Average 38mpg over that time. I have a pal with a Volvo SUV and he gets about 34mpg and it says it eats tyres!

You won't go wrong with a McCann as a daily driver, however just what the residuals will be like at 100k miles remains to be seen.
Macan S D
718 S
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

Hello Nigel, just go for it ! A Macan SD with all the toys you want will be a world of difference to your Volvo. Tyre wear is amazingly low, I've got 19's with Michelin all-seasons, at 32k and still not needing tyres. Fuel average is sitting at 34mpg. My one's been off the road for a while due to the dreaded transfer box issues, but now it's back I am appreciating just how special it is, especially after driving a variety of junk.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

As I said earlier I don't really do a lot of miles (unfortuntely!) Today I had a 120 mile commute on "A" roads and motorway. On the way there with a couple of overtakes, no sport mode and just going along with the flow of traffic I got 46 mpg which I think is brilliant. On the way back, not such a great run, some sport mode for overtaking and some slow traffic - 42 mpg. Lovely machine to drive long distance :D

We don't buy a Porsche for the MPG but they are great πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Can't believe the 32k on tyres - I will be pleased with 24k.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Its a consolation prize for those boring miles, not too much fuel used.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)