Nearly bought a Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
nigelj

Post by nigelj »

So, although not 100% decided now haggling over price of a car and the part ex offer for mine!

I've questioned the dealer about the DPF issue. They won't give any concrete info other than saying they've not had any customers with problem cars, and it's the low mileage/short journey/low speed cars that are the problem. They've said in an email that at 30k miles a year 'I won't have a problem'. I've told them if I go ahead and I do have a problem, they'll be getting the car back with a copy of that email and a refund request [emoji23]!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wise move.

Notice you are a biker, me too sold my bikes and kit and there it was a hefty proportion of my first Porsche.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
nigelj

Post by nigelj »

I almost bought another KTM last summer...miss 2 wheels!

I blame the ex wife, it was worry (after she fecked off) about the kids if I had a crash and either dieing or worse being maimed that stopped me riding. Bitch [emoji23]

Last edited by nigelj on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Why don't you buy another bike?
nigelj

Post by nigelj »

ScotMac wrote:Why don't you buy another bike?
See above!

nigelj

Post by nigelj »

ImageImage

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

When I said to my mates that I was giving up biking due to health issues (bad back and arthritis) they all said buy a trike, no was my response if I am going to be stuck in traffic I would rather be in a Porsche.

I did have a test ride of a KTM Adventure a few years back and was mightly impressed, comfortable, fantastic engine and superb handling, but being a Triumph guy I ended up buying a 1200 Explorer.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
nigelj

Post by nigelj »

Col Lamb wrote: ...
I did have a test ride of a KTM Adventure a few years back and was mightly impressed, comfortable, fantastic engine and superb handling, but being a Triumph guy I ended up buying a 1200 Explorer.
I had a Tiger 1050 for 3 years before the KTM. Did 60k miles on it! Gave me tinnitus in one ear from the terrible screen!

The KTM was the best bike I owned, or rode, by a million miles. Not a calm relaxed ride (not that that was what I wanted), but bloody fantastic.

nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I recognise that corner!

image.jpeg

Back on topic, I have clocked up 2000 miles in my SD, a mix of 25-30 mile motorway runs, country lanes and very little traffic and no DPF problems to date. My OPC did say at the time that 6-8k miles PA was a concern to him, but I know my type of driving, so took the risk.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

nigelj wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 pm
ScotMac wrote:Why don't you buy another bike?
See above!

Read it wrong - I thought the wife / ex was not keen on you having a bike :? Never mind - once the kids are a bit bigger ............ :D :D :D