Joined the Turbo crew today

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

nsm3 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 pm My motto, which I haven't always followed and later regretted it, is, 'if in doubt, do nothing'.

Blimey! My life would have been very boring if I'd followed that motto! :lol:

Over the years, I've become more spontaneous, especially with 'big' purchases like cars and houses!

With the houses, it worked out very well. With the cars, over the last two years, it's been costly, but great fun! :mrgreen:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Rightly or wrongly. Here is my decision. There is some reasoning behind it all, some things I don't wish to disclose in an open forum, but you will have to believe me when I say I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and the following solution/plan is the best all round solution I can come to.

I'm buying the Macan and trading in the 911. However..I have a 12/15 month plan to own both (the Macan may become a hybrid range rover Vogue se).

This way the best of both worlds.

So yes. I'm officially (Wednesday) a Macan Turbo owner..

Phew, that process was exhausting..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:40 pm
nsm3 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 pm My motto, which I haven't always followed and later regretted it, is, 'if in doubt, do nothing'.

Over the years, I've become more spontaneous, especially with 'big' purchases like cars and houses!

With the houses, it worked out very well. With the cars, over the last two years, it's been costly, but great fun! :mrgreen:
Exactly. I've figured out after losing s few friends and family that life is for living. Yes, of course live by your means, but ultimately, take some risks, especially ones that really won't affect your life if they prove to be the wrong ones.

This is one of those times..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hope everything works out well for you, Roy! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

uktivo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:27 pm Rightly or wrongly. Here is my decision. There is some reasoning behind it all, some things I don't wish to disclose in an open forum, but you will have to believe me when I say I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and the following solution/plan is the best all round solution I can come to.

I'm buying the Macan and trading in the 911. However..I have a 12/15 month plan to own both (the Macan may become a hybrid range rover Vogue se).

The right decision feels right. Congratulations.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

uktivo wrote:Rightly or wrongly. Here is my decision. There is some reasoning behind it all, some things I don't wish to disclose in an open forum, but you will have to believe me when I say I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and the following solution/plan is the best all round solution I can come to.

Congratulations! That is a lovely specced Turbo so sure you’ll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Lol, I fully understand, it's just that a few times I have been uncertain (investing in Spain, selling the GT3, offloading property at the wrong time, getting out of businesses too early etc) and it has cost me dear. If something 'feels right', then it generally is?

It seems the OPs feeling is right this time and good luck to him with the Macan Turbo, a car I wish I had tbh? Missing a 'cooking' 911 is a fairly easily remedied state of affairs.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

nsm3 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Lol, I fully understand, it's just that a few times I have been uncertain (investing in Spain, selling the GT3, offloading property at the wrong time, getting out of businesses too early etc) and it has cost me dear. If something 'feels right', then it generally is?

It seems the OPs feeling is right this time and good luck to him with the Macan Turbo, a car I wish I had tbh? Missing a 'cooking' 911 is a fairly easily remedied state of affairs.
Thanks..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

uktivo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:27 pm Rightly or wrongly. Here is my decision. There is some reasoning behind it all, some things I don't wish to disclose in an open forum, but you will have to believe me when I say I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and the following solution/plan is the best all round solution I can come to.

Glad you decided to get it. Congratulations!
I have almost the exact same macan. You will absolutely love it! It takes some time to get used to, with all the suspension settings etc, but this car definitely grows on you and gets under your skin.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Congratulations, Roy! There are far worse stop gap cars. 😉
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0