So here goes!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

VanB wrote:
Craig Porter wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 pm
happy days wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm What's the official line on Diesels? Have Porsche UK commented either way?
Erm, I think that will be it, however we might see another diesel in the future!! Don't quote me on that :?
AKA nobody knows what the f*ck is going on and Porsche being Porsche don't feel the need to notify their dealer network, my SE is adamant there will be further Porsche diesels but I'm unconvinced. Crying shame about the 4.2 V8 diesel which was a beast.
I was in my dealer last week and they too thought we would see diesels back. They were also cautiously optimistic about diesel residuals, but I guess they are when talking to current diesel wonders! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Slightly off topic, but following along the theme of “Porsche being Porsche”, my SE told me that closing the factory has made achieving sales targets mighty difficult. The franchise asked Porsche for assistance and were told to concentrate on used motors! So are actively seeking stock.
Haven’t decided if this may help or hinder residuals across the entire range, let alone the diesel range.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

OPCs certainly seem to be making concerted efforts to boost their used car stocks. In addition to spending more time and effort on promoting other goods & services. (E.g. Wheel/tyre sets, watches, mugs, jackets, model cars, accessories...) not to mention servicing and interim health checks for your Porsche etc.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

smithy37 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:16 pm Slightly off topic, but following along the theme of “Porsche being Porsche”, my SE told me that closing the factory has made achieving sales targets mighty difficult. The franchise asked Porsche for assistance and were told to concentrate on used motors! So are actively seeking stock.
Haven’t decided if this may help or hinder residuals across the entire range, let alone the diesel range.
Certainly anyone trading in a Porsche in the next few months should definately play hard ball if they can.

The factory closure will play havoc with the OPCs cashflow so I would not expect to many giveaways and inflated sales prices.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

I actually had a chat with the group buyer for Jardine and fell about laughing at the price he offered on my Cayman R.

The problem is that the OPCs have to add the warranty which I am told is £2k so they end up having to target a markup of £7k.
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

alxgb wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:58 pm I actually had a chat with the group buyer for Jardine and fell about laughing at the price he offered on my Cayman R.

The problem is that the OPCs have to add the warranty which I am told is £2k so they end up having to target a markup of £7k.
Or £9k mark up as was the case with my recent p-ex. :o

Thing is, I was elated with my offer which was £7k more than wbac and realistically only £2k less than what I planned to advertise her for. Factor in tyre kickers, advertising costs, constant valeting, insurance renewal, first MOT, road tax renewal, haggling, the weather and, most importantly, the risk of fraud and you can see why I took their offer.

So I guess my point is, if you are thinking of selling your Porsche then don’t rule out a conversation with your OPC in the next few months. You may (or may not) be pleasantly surprised.
Taycan Turbo S

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

smithy37 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:04 am
alxgb wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:58 pm I actually had a chat with the group buyer for Jardine and fell about laughing at the price he offered on my Cayman R.

Thing is, I was elated with my offer which was £7k more than wbac and realistically only £2k less than what I planned to advertise her for. Factor in tyre kickers, advertising costs, constant valeting, insurance renewal, first MOT, road tax renewal, haggling, the weather and, most importantly, the risk of fraud and you can see why I took their offer.

So I guess my point is, if you are thinking of selling your Porsche then don’t rule out a conversation with your OPC in the next few months. You may (or may not) be pleasantly surprised.
It wasn't a criticism. I don't want to deal with the public either and don't blame you.

Good independents have always been a better option as they recognise the value of a good car and are willing to take a smaller profit operating on lower overheads.
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

alxgb wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:44 pm

It wasn't a criticism. I don't want to deal with the public either and don't blame you.

Good independents have always been a better option as they recognise the value of a good car and are willing to take a smaller profit operating on lower overheads.
I honestly never took it as a criticism & hope I didn’t come across like I did. Just trying to fan the reasons out for anyone contemplating changing cars in the next couple of months.
Taycan Turbo S

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

smithy37 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:54 pm
alxgb wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:44 pm

I honestly never took it as a criticism & hope I didn’t come across like I did. Just trying to fan the reasons out for anyone contemplating changing cars in the next couple of months.
It's all good and it's really helpful. Sharing experiences and helping each other is what makes this place tick.