GTS on its way

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Northernlights

Post by Northernlights »

Hi all,
First post for a first time Porsche owner.....I'm due delivery of my GTS early April and am looking for some advice from anyone who currently has short number plates on their Macan and how they have fitted these?

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Craig Porter

Post by Craig Porter »

Never seen a small plate on a Macan before, the front plinth is shaped to fit around the front bumper keeping it nice and neat, I guess the only way is to cut and shorten the front plinth but unless carried out professionally it could look a mess. How long is the plate you have?
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I have a short plate for many years now, four digits, and have always found it looked much better on a full sized plate. I did once try a cut down plate but it just looked plain odd and took away from the significance of the short reg.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Guy

Post by Guy »

Paul

Post by Paul »

Guy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:18 pm How about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDV0bJE9tM
Goldfinger...? Or was that a DB......?😳
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Rab J wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:17 pm I have a short plate for many years now, four digits, and have always found it looked much better on a full sized plate. I did once try a cut down plate but it just looked plain odd and took away from the significance of the short reg.
I'm with Rab on this. I have a 5 digit plate for years and always use a full size plate too. The amount of "blank" plate be it white or yellow background highlights the short plate. Also taking standard font and taking it down maybe just 5 or 10mm can be very effective too. So subtle no one will pull for it being illegal but just makes it that little bit smaller.
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Northernlights wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:16 pm Hi all,
First post for a first time Porsche owner.....I'm due delivery of my GTS early April and am looking for some advice from anyone who currently has short number plates on their Macan and how they have fitted these?

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
I'm expecting a GTS on similar timeline. Hadn't given much thought to the plate but on my other cars, I've asked the OPC not to drill the bumper and I've used a stick on number plate.

I'm not sure what it would look like and it might work - same location but just following the contour of the lip on the front intake. You could always try it - a stick on plate from DMB is about £6 and if it doesn't work, get the OPC to fit the holder with plate.
Northernlights

Post by Northernlights »

Thanks for the input certainly some suggestions there that i need to explore further. I have requested that the OPC don't fit the plate holder when it arrives & also requested that the factory leave it off until i see what is going to be best.
Again thanks for the input, much appreciated. I will post photo of the final decision once GTS arrives.