Looking for advice about buying used Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you like hard suspension like a Beamer with M setup and run flats then that is what a Macan with 21” wheels and no PASM is like.

Personally I would never buy a Macan without PASM, it is the single most essential extra to include.

Avoid any Macan with halogen headlights.

High mileage means high bills, it is the same with all cars, just make sure you get as long a warranty as youncan and a fully up to date service book with at least 1 year before any service is due. Tyres are also expensive and have to be Porsche approved N rated to ensure warranty compliance.

Make sure that the brake discs are new and the discs are in good order or you could face a £2k bill.

My SD only achieved 33 mpg, the mpg in the MFD is usually showing about 10% higher than actual.

Also make sure there is no clicks or crunches on full lock at parking speed.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Serghei

Post by Serghei »

Thank you very much for valuable advices, especially SAC1 which already shifted my theoretically ideal Macan for now. I usually do up to 10k miles a year and mostly urban, so will look more into petrol models and thank you for pointing into break parts and disks and other valuable information. All advises help me to make check list of questions for dealer and I can see that I am not fixed any more into particular specs: suspension, sound system, headlights etc, that makes my dream car more possible, thank you team. I noticed closest to me Porsche centres Leeds, Sheffield with not much to snooze in my price range but still available some cars now. So time to arrange some tests from theory to practice lol.
Serghei

Post by Serghei »

Thank you Col I wrote previous replay before read your post now PASM and Bixenon headlights back on check Lis lol
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Serghei!

Some great advice from forum members above.

So potentially looks like a petrol Macan S for you, although this will be a rarer model than the S Diesel.

My personal checklist would include Bi-Xenon lights, PASM and ideally 20" wheels or 21", but wheel size is very much down to personal opinion and has been the subject of much debate on here in the past! ;)

Personally I would not be bothered about seeking out a car with Bose.

Good luck with your search and test drives. It will be interesting to see how many petrol Macan S models that you can find in your desired price range.

Cheers,

Simon

P.S. Maybe also do some research online to check out what you're likely to pay for insurance, as the cost may be higher than for your Sciricco.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 pm If you like hard suspension like a Beamer with M setup and run flats then that is what a Macan with 21” wheels and no PASM is like.

Personally I would never buy a Macan without PASM, it is the single most essential extra to include.

Avoid any Macan with halogen headlights.

High mileage means high bills, it is the same with all cars, just make sure you get as long a warranty as youncan and a fully up to date service book with at least 1 year before any service is due. Tyres are also expensive and have to be Porsche approved N rated to ensure warranty compliance.

Make sure that the brake discs are new and the discs are in good order or you could face a £2k bill.

My SD only achieved 33 mpg, the mpg in the MFD is usually showing about 10% higher than actual.

Also make sure there is no clicks or crunches on full lock at parking speed.
I have had two Diesel Macans (2014 and 2015) with 20” Spyders and the ride was perfectly fine without PASM . I collected my third Macan diesel last weekend with 21” Classic alloys ( and no PASM) and the ride is actually softer than my previous cars which I suspect is due to the suspension modifications ( ie removal of the additional bar in the engine bay). My daily ride includes a stretch of cobbled street and the ride is more than fine. Do remember however that a 2015 car will have the extra bar in the engine bay and therefore 20” might be the biggest wheel you want to go for without PASM unless you try it out first as I can only speak from my experience with the 20” wheel on pre 2017/ 2018 Macans.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Serghei

Post by Serghei »

Thank you very much for you opinion Wing Commander and mark yorkshire, I did notice markedly less cars on offer petrol Macan S then diesel, but will be looking. I did not ask dealer yet but if anybody came across do they deliver Macan for example from Edinburgh Porsche Center to Sheffield Center or it is the case to travel
Serghei

Post by Serghei »

Also buy from Porsche Center or non Porsche dealers?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Serghei, it should be possible to arrange transport between Porsche Centres. Easier if they happen to be in the same group, but no harm in asking...

Or you could travel. Or arrange for the car to be delivered to you, but obviously best to test drive before buying. ;)
Simon

Serghei

Post by Serghei »

Example of my possible dream Macan but too far from my location
http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer ... .ipl?cid=1
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Serghei wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 am Also buy from Porsche Center or non Porsche dealers?
No wrong or right answer here. You'll generally pay more at a Porsche Centre than an independent, but not always. You should get a 2 year official warranty from a Porsche Centre and the car will have passed their 111 point check.
Simon