Hello

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
William L

Post by William L »

Hello to all.

I am looking to buy a Macan in the near future. My Brother in Law has an SD which he loves, so I am on the lookout for a similar car and will probably get it 'chipped' like he has. I keep an eye on all the normal outlets but thought also joining a forum like this may throw up some other opportunities.

What year/month was the minor uplift?

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hi William, welcome. From memory, I think it was from about mid-2016 there was an update to the infotainment system which was the main change. Mine was registered beginning of October ‘16 and it has the new PCM.

If you’re looking for a SD, there are a few forum members interested in selling, so might be worth looking for a deal on here amongst your other routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Mine was a March 2016 delivery and was one of the first with updated PCM etc.

BigPhil
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

An SD or in fact the 2.0 the SD and the S in basic form are pretty well minimalist cars, most buyers spend £8-12k on having extras included.

The variety of extras is mind boggling so here is my standard run down on the prime extras.
The base 2.0 litre and S are in reality stripped down cars with just the minimum of fitment inclusions. A test drive of a very basic Macan will still give the impression of a great performing and handling car, especially if you are not used to driving this type of car. That said with the inclusion of some basic fitments the Macan is transformed into the supreme SUV in its class.

Only you can answer what you want out of your Macan ownership, but please if you are limiting the budget what you are going to spec please spec wisely.

What follows is related to a Macan supplied to the UK, please note that a basic Macan supplied to other countries may well be configured differently with different combination of extras available when compared to the UK.

My suggestion of the minimum inclusions in the specification of any Macan that I would buy is these:-

14 or 18 way seats .
Basic non GTS 8 way seats have a flat back and are not as comfortable as the upgrades, GTS 8 way seem more comfortable than standard, however do test drive a Macan fitted with the 8 way seats if considering retaining them.

Xenon lights .
Basic halogens are questionable in their capabilities, most owners with halogens regret not upgrading. If funds allow LEDs are a quantum leap improvement over Xenons, they also include the adaptive headlight function.

PASM.
Gives adjustable suspension which results in a smoother ride and better handling capabilities, this really is the key inclusion to have to get the best ride and handling in a Macan.

20" wheels.
A personal choice, 20" gives a good compromise on looks, handling and kerb management.

PS+.
Lightens steering load at parking speeds then progressively reduces to zero assist at road speeds.

Spare wheel.
Plus two purchased cans of sealant / inflator gives options in the event of a flat and especially an unrepairable/damaged tyre/wheel.

Reversing camera.
Rear quarter vision is poor, to check out yourself in a test drive by parallel parking the demo car, if funds allow then Surround Camera is even better.

Interior light pack,
Replaces bulbs with LEDs for a more pleasing interior look and the all important illuminated mirrors.

The above are the key inclusions or extras that I recommend you specify.

Other popular inclusions are:-
Pano sunroof, lightens a dark interior
Tinted glass, purely for looks and it enhances the stealth look with blacked out trim
SD mirrors, an aesthetic choice often fitted due to the questionable quality of standard mirror mount.
Colour matched side blades, enhances look and will aid cleaning.
Roof rails, its an SUV so kind of expected, but looks equally great without
Heated seats, useful.
Heated steering wheel, a favourite of mine that gets used more than the heated seats.
Sports Chrono, gives dial in top centre of dash plus launch control and more aggressive gearbox and throttle maps.
Porsche Sports Exhaust, do note that PSE is an aural performance addition only and has no power increase benefits.
Leather upgrades, an almost universal upgrade on non GTS Macans.
Smoking pack, covers the hole in front of drinks holders.
ACC, gives adaptive cruise control which is far better than standard, it also includes Porsche Active Safe braking system which is not fitted unless ACC is specified.

Ordering process:-
£3k deposit starts process, deposit fully refundable until lockdown of spec
Circa six weeks later Porsche at Silverstone PEC invite for 1/2 day driving on the circuits, check prior posts.
Six weeks prior to build is the lockdown date for the vehicle spec and signage to commit to the order
Build, 3 working days
Car enters compound awaiting delivery to OPC
Delivery 7-30 days with 20 days an average.
Then its PDI and pick up

Admin at the OPC can access the main Porsche intranet in Germany where they can see the codes, the main ones are:-
V250 Vehicle fixed (which is the final build code)
V260 Vehicle enters bodyshop
V270 Vehicle exits production
V300 Vehicle completion
V311 Vehicle enters compound
V312 Vehicle exits compound
V330 Vehicle enters (the Port of) Emden compound

***** The most important advice I can suggest is to test drive a Macan which has the same seats, wheel size, suspension and steering as you intend to specify *****
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
грязныйдизель

Post by грязныйдизель »

Still copy/pasting? Shame there isn't a pinned post you can link to.