Hi Porsche people!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cyprio

Post by Cyprio »

Hello all, been researching the Mercedes GLC AMG43 for the past few weeks and was about ready to pull the trigger, then I found out about the dreaded wheel crabbing/skipping issue! :shock:

Anyways, now researching the Macan S and have a question to ask. Can someone advise me on which light package includes the 4-spot LED daytime running lights?
Thanks
Steve

B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Hi - I believe you would need to spec the xenons or LED headlamps in order to get the 4-point LED DRLs. Much debate on the forum over which is best but I am very happy with LED headlamps. I also chose to spec comfort lighting for LED number plate lights, interior lights etc. Again well worth it but packages may have changed slightly since we purchased.
Good Luck!
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^^

As above for the 4 spot dlr
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Cyprio

Post by Cyprio »

Hi, thanks,

Actually I'm searching for a used 2016 model. Would it need to include the PDLS option for the 4-spot dlr's?

Cheers
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Paul

Post by Paul »

Cyprio wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:09 pm Hi, thanks,

Actually I'm searching for a used 2016 model. Would it need to include the PDLS option for the 4-spot dlr's?

Cheers
Not necessarily the PDLS +, as long as you’ve got xenons (or LED, which would be rarer on a ‘16 S model) then you’ll get the 4 point dlr. (see my signature pics for my first ‘15 SD with the xenons option)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Hi...Cyprio, don’t what ever you do buy a Glc AMG 43, I had one on loan for a long weekend a truly awful SUV in every way( apart from the engine) I could not wait to give it back only after driving several hundred meters down the road , the Ackerman’s effect is a disaster on the GLC , my advise is drive one back to back with a Macan/ SQ5 and will you find out how bad it really is. I genuinely wanted to like it as it cheaper than the GTS, As is the SQ5, but both in my opinion are too compromised to consider. Enjoy your Porsche 😊
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Cyprio

Post by Cyprio »

Cheers Guy's

@Macananon, I need to part-ex my Jaguar XF-R so has to be a stealer I'm afraid, but thanks anyway.
Cyprio

Post by Cyprio »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:20 pm Hi...Cyprio, don’t what ever you do buy a Glc AMG 43, I had one on loan for a long weekend a truly awful SUV in every way( apart from the engine) I could not wait to give it back only after driving several hundred meters down the road , the Ackerman’s effect is a disaster on the GLC , my advise is drive one back to back with a Macan/ SQ5 and will you find out how bad it really is. I genuinely wanted to like it as it cheaper than the GTS, As is the SQ5, but both in my opinion are too compromised to consider. Enjoy your Porsche 😊
Hi Mike, yes I'll be steering well clear of the GLC after reading about all the problems with the wheel-crabbing! Luckily I found out just in time. Absolutely atrocious how Mercedes Benz have also reacted to this issue.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome and good luck finding the Macan you seek.

Personally I would not get hung up on running lights, it should be far more important to get a Macan that is comfortable and has the right extras included to give the best ride and handling.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags