Hi everyone

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

Hi all, just got around to joining the forum but have benefitted from the great information on here several times in the past. So thanks to all.

I found the forum just before lock down on an SD in 2015. Helped me increase the option list well beyond initial expectations! It was easy to add options but very difficult to remove them! Anyway, ended up with a highly specced SD in Sapphire Blue which the whole family loved. The SD is a superb car and I cannot fault it. I would happily buy another but not doing enough miles. Bought the SD from Colchester and the service was excellent. However was approaching end of lease this year and decided I wanted a change. Had been configurating various options and kept ending up with a Turbo PP as the most sensible choice for the options I wanted - I am sure some on here can understand the logic. Then with perfect timing the dealer rang me to offer the Turbo PP Exclusive which ticked all my boxes (plus some extras) and I jumped in. I know it is another high spec Macan but I plan to keep this one. Unfortunately can’t share a code as this model can’t be configured. Delivery is expected this month.

I decided to give a go at selling the SD through the dealer. They were prepared to do sale or return, as I had the time to wait, it was worth a try. They offered a great price - even after their percentage. I had my doubts that it would sell but it went within a month at the price they gave me (they accepted a small negotiation I believe). Interestingly they had 5 second hand Macans and they all appear to have gone now.

I will post pictures when the new Macan arrives (btw - Rhodium this time). Can’t wait.
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive

Paul

Post by Paul »

😊👍👍
Good news all round!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

PP sounds great. Good luck.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Sounds like a great choice. Especially colour 👍

Is this the first PP Exclusive on the forum?

The exclusive looks stunning. Look forward to the pics and some info once it arrives 😊
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome, the Turbo PP is by far the best Macan.

I thrashed one around Silverstone last year, totally awesome with unbelievable handling for a two tonne suv.

Enjoy.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D

Look forward to photos.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Great choice. Miles of smiles ahead.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

Thanks all.

Also have an invite to the PEC but was wondering how they cater for a family - I have two young sons that love their cars and would love to be involved? Perhaps another thread.
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

There is not a lot for kids apart from unlimited fizzy drinks

i went with my partner so had the full day, when one was driving the other looked after the kids - worked quite well for everyone but we needed lots of pens and paper as from PEC you cant see much of the tracks
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Wow the Turbo PP Exclusive. That is a rare beast. Congrats. Looking forward to the photos
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18