Too Many Previous Owners?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
preamble

Post by preamble »

R850R wrote:One previous owner I'd want to avoid is "Silverstone Experience" given the abuse & thrashing those vehicles get.
What would show up as "first owner" - registered "Porsche Centre Silverstone"? Tell you it's been used "as a demo" ?
[emoji3] indeed, definitely not a silverstone car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilpert

Post by Wilpert »

I dont ever worry about number of owners, people in high spec cars chop and change all of the time, Ive got a Boxster S that is 3 years old and Im owner number 3.
It only has 5k miles, so who cares, service up date and condition spot on, what more would you want.
My philosophy, is that each owner gets it checked and corrects any minor niggles.

Buy on condition and spec - of you like it get it!
Paul

Post by Paul »

"Demo plus one family owner" is the way to look at it!

Try to get a photocopy of the of book before the dealership transfers it to you so that you can show the next purchaser the ownership history (you only see "current" plus previous one previous on the log book)

I'd have no issues buying such a car (unless of course the first owner was Porsche UK Silverstone as R850R so rightly says!) You've got 18 months of warranty left.....and the GTS is such a nice car too!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
steve w

Post by steve w »

I’m a little apprehensive when the vehicle has had 3/4 owners in a short time,personally it would put me off I’ve just purchased a one owner 911 and it gives me rightly or wrongly some sense of satisfaction,a demo model could have had numerous drivers all testing it performance and not really bothered about how they treated the vehicle,personally my last 8 Vehicles have been new but because Porshe are not building new vehicles at the present time and Sheffield OPC telling me they should get me a new 992 sometime next year we’ve bought this 2year old 911 4S wth 6k on the clock it’s definitely better specced up than I would have done from new so it’s a bonus,whether we look at a new 992 not sure the accountant (wife) says not but who knows .
Steve W
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Tell the accountant wife she needs to be more creative. Everyone know once a new model is released that the old model starts to depreciate rapidly which makes it the perfect man maths time to swap into a new one. Your skill comes in convincing her of these facts.