Too Many Previous Owners?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
preamble

Post by preamble »

Hi, I’m new to the forum although been following the discussions for the last few months whilst researching my potential purchase of a used macan. I think I have decided on a GTS and spec I’m looking for. I have a question about previous owners and how many is too many? I’m currently looking closely at a GTS with my must haves, only thing putting me off is that for a 2016 car it’s already had 3 owners even with 18months of its original Porsche warranty remaining. Talking to the dealer I’m told that it was first registered with an OPC as a demonstrator, then purchased by a customer who then transferred ownership between family members - therefore 3 previous owners registered. God know why you would transfer within a family but hey it is what it is and I’m sure they had a good reason. My concern is resale issues in 3 yrs time as I will be the 4th owner. Would this affect its residuals even if it has a full Porsche history and mileage will be below average for age as I don’t do too many miles. Interested in hearing opinions before I consider taking the plunge.

Great forum and site btw, it’s been really insightful and has helped me work out the right Macan and options for me.

Cheers

Amo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

The most important thing with back ownership is history, personally I don’t think in this situation it will make much difference , I used to buy and sell certain cars and although the number of owners was a consideration..a transparent history was key. I came across this situation frequently.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Spud

Post by Spud »

It wouldnt put me off if its the right car, its got full Porsche records, ive just got rid of my SD and that is now showing as 2 owners as it was a demo, if its the car for you go for it enjoy it and dont worry about the future as i cannot see it affecting the residual 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
preamble

Post by preamble »

Thanks Mike and Spud for you responses, I was thinking along the same lines as you but always good to hear other matching opinions.

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I would be happy as long as it doesn't look "well used"
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

well, another benefit of the PDK (or I should say an automatic gear box)... if it was a manual gear box, I would be more cautious to take a car after 2 different drivers but with a PDK there is less risk.
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I would only ever buy a demonstrator if the price was way low.

A GTS is pretty well off for spec to start with.

Seat upgrade, sports chrono, interior light pack, spare wheel as a starter for you in the extras to consider.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col M

Post by Col M »

I've not looked at the number of previous owners. I do pay attention to how long the dealership has owned the car and how many miles was put on it with them. This was particularly important for me when looking at diesels. A number I rejected thinking the time period and (lowish) mileage indicated that the car may have had too many short demo's etc for the best management of particulates.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
R850R

Post by R850R »

One previous owner I'd want to avoid is "Silverstone Experience" given the abuse & thrashing those vehicles get.
What would show up as "first owner" - registered "Porsche Centre Silverstone"? Tell you it's been used "as a demo" ?
S with an oil-burner engine and a few extras.
preamble

Post by preamble »

Col Lamb wrote:Welcome.

I would only ever buy a demonstrator if the price was way low.

A GTS is pretty well off for spec to start with.

Seat upgrade, sports chrono, interior light pack, spare wheel as a starter for you in the extras to consider.
Indeed it’s priced competitively and has more than the standard spec but importantly everything I’m after. I’m offered a good deal on my px which is making all in all an opportunity hard to miss. I have a few other options to consider at present but this one is my front runner at present.