Hello All

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

I’m Steve and I’ve been lurking in the background for sometime, avidly reading and learning a lot from your contributions. Thank you.

Now I have made the decision to buy a new Macan S, I thought it about time I registered and introduced myself. I currently drive a Mercedes E Class Coupe with the 3 litre V6 diesel. It’s a lovely car and I have had it since new but it is now eight years old so will need replacing sometime soon. After injuring my back last year (fell off a ladder, fractured two vertebrae and spent 17 days in a hospital bed), I have realised another Coupe is not a long term option so I have been looking at SUVs. I really like six cylinder engines and I don’t like much in the current Mercedes range (and don’t even start me on their dealers!). I can’t find anything on the market to compare with the Macan and now, having test driven two, I’m smitten.

I’m now on the list for when my local dealer (OPC Portsmouth) get an allocation once the facelift has been launched but realistically it will be October/November at the earliest before I get a car - so I just have to learn to be patient! I'll post some further details on the “Order Forum” when I get a chance.

I’ve been a member of a Mercedes forum for a while and I’m looking forward to getting involved you guys and girls over the coming months.
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Welcome, great thread on seats at the moment!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:24 pm Welcome, great thread on seats at the moment!
Thanks Mike. I shall go for 14 way comfort. My current Merc has Multi Contour seats which are probably mid-way between 14 Comfort and 18 Sport so I’ll go for the less extreme option. They were fine in the cars I tested and Mrs L liked them better than the Merc.
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Agree, I’m a back suffering person as well , and to be honest it was the seats that sold the car to me, although I liked the F pace, BMW X5, Volvo XC60 Seats , the models didn’t excite me.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I have back issue and find my 14 way the most comfortable seats I have ever had.

Do read the threads on the options available.

My suggestions for current extras for you to consider including are:-
14 way seats
Air suspension
PS+
Xenons or LEDs
Interior light comfort pack
Spare wheel

Do note that a £3k deposit is required and it is fully refundable until you lockdown the spec, lockdown is c6weeks prior to the 3 day build with delivery between 7 and 28 days thereafter.

Another posted recently commented on paying a top up to 10% of the price, do note that this is not the norm.

Best of all is the invite you will get to go to the PEC at Silverstone, its cost is not passed on to you and even if you cancel there has not been any retribution by Porsche seeking to reclaim costs being posted in the forum by members. Do read PEC related threads.

Good luck.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:44 pm My suggestions for current extras for you to consider including are:-
14 way seats - Yes
Air suspension - PASM
PS+ - Yes
Xenons or LEDs - Xenons
Interior light comfort pack - Possibly
Spare wheel - Yes
Thanks Col - most of those options are on my list. I have just posted the current Spec on the Order Forum.
Steve
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Welcome Steve...picked up my "Carmine Red" GTS 6 weeks ago...brilliant car
Macan
Taycan Turbo
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

neilj007 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 am Welcome Steve...picked up my "Carmine Red" GTS 6 weeks ago...brilliant car
Thanks for the welcome, Neil
Steve