Potential new owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Hi everyone, I’m potentially looking at part-ex my RSQ3 for a Macan Turbo

I am debating on whether to get a well spec-ed out turbo with low mileage or getting a brand new GTs with similar spec - as the price is around the same either way.

What your opinions?

I have seen a turbo - but it hasn’t got the sport chronos pack and sports exhaust - as I think the GTS exhaust looks really nice.

Does the standard turbo exhaust give the some growling noise as the sports exhaust? Will I feel any difference in performance?

If I decide to get the turbo - I can add the sport plus onto the car - as the stopclock - no be honest just for show.

What would hold its value better? GTS or turbo? After 3years.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Greddyuk wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:19 pm Hi everyone, I’m potentially looking at part-ex my RSQ3 for a Macan Turbo

I am debating on whether to get a well spec-ed out turbo with low mileage or getting a brand new GTs with similar spec - as the price is around the same either way.

What your opinions?

I have seen a turbo - but it hasn’t got the sport chronos pack and sports exhaust - as I think the GTS exhaust looks really nice.

Does the standard turbo exhaust give the some growling noise as the sports exhaust? Will I feel any difference in performance?

If I decide to get the turbo - I can add the sport plus onto the car - as the stopclock - no be honest just for show.

Welcome to the forum.

It depends on your timings - you'll have to wait a while to get a GTS due to factory closures but ideally speak to your OPC to find out when they have build slots available.

I have a GTS but considered a Turbo for the reasons you mentioned but didn't feel the GTS wanted for power. I much preferred the styling of the GTS - chrome is replaced for gloss black and I much prefer that as an aesthetic along with the sport design elements.

The noticeable difference between the Turbo and GTS for me was the kick in the back that you get in the Turbo. I drove the PP model so maybe more of an exaggerated contrast but given the power difference, not surprising.

The GTS is the sweet spot of the range and I think many would agree on that. Residuals will be good as there likely won't be a facelift GTS until the middle of your 3 year window. Facelift is expected later this year.

Sports Exhaust is a mandatory tick box on any Porsche for me so I would always advocate specifying that. You can retrofit or use an aftermarket exhaust like Akrapovic too so you're not without options to adjust on a second hand car.
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Greddyuk wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:19 pm Hi everyone, I’m potentially looking at part-ex my RSQ3 for a Macan Turbo

What your opinions?

GTS and turbo both great cars - you can't lose either way. If you decide on a turbo try and find one with Chrono and Exhaust and Pan roof for resale purposes.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

thanks for your advise - its very helpful for me to decide. I supposed its best to test drive the cars and "feel" difference.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I have had my Turbo for 18 months and love it.

Whilst I have the SC, the Turbo just does not need it for the fraction of a second it accelerates quicker.

The Sports Exhaust in all Macans is an aural performance item only, it gives Zero increase in either Torque or Power.

It does drone and constant speed and it is good to be able to switch it off.

I did not consider the cost of it in my Turbo to be worth the expense given the number of times I would use it.

That said if I put my foot down in my standard Turbo it does sound great so I do not feel as though I am missing the SE system.

Driving a Turbo at the Silverstone PEC despite the supposedly better handling of the GTS there were no drivers of the GTS there who could keep up with the Turbo that I was driving such is the capabilities of the car.

Not that there is anything wrong with the GTS, the Turbo is just the better variant and the Turbo PP is the Daddy.

What is best for you is entirely up to what is important, a good test drive of both will leave you in a quandry.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

For my perspective the models that make most sense are GTS and Turbo PP and reckon these will be the winners come resale due to being most in demand by used buyers. Hence I don't see buying an S or a standard Turbo quite hits the mark, they had a place before the models mentioned above were launched.

And now a considerable number of forum members will hate me :o
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I drove a GTS and a turbo back to back ... I found the turbo a more relaxed car to drive than the GTS, I would have gone for a turbo as I like a more relaxed drive these days, but the way things have turned out , factory closed, facelift etc.. I opted for the GTS, However I think both will be in demand for quite some time ...the Opcs will be crying out for stock soon.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

It's probably just going to boil down to your personal preference in terms of driving experience and styling. Both variants are different and the previous reply's sum these up nicely. Whichever way you go, its likely to be a choice that will bring some enjoyment to your driving. The GTS edged it for me because I like the styling, sports exhaust and package included in that model, but next time it might be a turbo.
Sapphire blue Macan GTS
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJZ7F2T6
Macman

Post by Macman »

If it’s exhaust sound you are looking for I think the GTS will be louder. I drove a turbo round the track at Leipzig with a Panamera right behind me at first, but I was able to open up a gap, especially when accelerating hard in full sport mode. It’s performance was superb. After that we jumped into an S and the exhaust note was immediately noticeable because it was louder and deeper. Our guide said that the turbo is a bit quieter than the GTS and S models.

For me the louder exhaust is something I like, a lot. Sorry neighbours!
Porsche history: 924 S, 944 S2, 996.2, 987.1, Macan S
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

For me (Turbo PP) the car needs the sports exhaust. I think even that could do with being louder. I did find that taking the parcel shelf out helps with that though...

Turbo PP wants for nothing - It's basically as fast as you'd ever want an SUV of this size to be. economy wise, it's in line with a B8 RS4, but you don't buy it for frugality...

Quality wise - it's another league from the RS4...
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d