Hi All

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:33 am
Hairymongoose wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 pm Great spec - how did you resist going for the GTS as you must have been close on price? 😉
Well here's the thing Hairymongoose...I used to be the owner of a SD (got rid at 1800 miles). However, I was having issues with it - specifically the whole DPF thing. It was getting good runs etc but I just couldn't get my head around the whole regen thing. Nightmare. So, long story short, I had a very constructive conversation with my Porsche guys (service and sales) and we did a swap over into this petrol S. It was a random dealer spec that was rolling off the production line and they nabbed it, swapped me into it for a slight increase in cost, Swissvax'ed it, even swapped in colour crests for me, gave me a cappuccino with one of those lovely cinnamon biscuits and that was that! It pays to be very courteous, very friendly (and my sales guy was an absolute legend) and they'll move heaven and earth to make you happy.

Anyway...that's why I didn't plump for the GTS! :lol:
I was in a similar position, hadn’t had any issues with the SD but was worried I could have due to reduced mileage. Decided to change and every time I specced the S I ended up close to GTS price - continued this logic until I got to the TPP! The configurator makes it too easy to spend money :roll:
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hairymongoose wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:33 am
Hairymongoose wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 pm Great spec - how did you resist going for the GTS as you must have been close on price? 😉
Well here's the thing Hairymongoose...I used to be the owner of a SD (got rid at 1800 miles). However, I was having issues with it - specifically the whole DPF thing. It was getting good runs etc but I just couldn't get my head around the whole regen thing. Nightmare. So, long story short, I had a very constructive conversation with my Porsche guys (service and sales) and we did a swap over into this petrol S. It was a random dealer spec that was rolling off the production line and they nabbed it, swapped me into it for a slight increase in cost, Swissvax'ed it, even swapped in colour crests for me, gave me a cappuccino with one of those lovely cinnamon biscuits and that was that! It pays to be very courteous, very friendly (and my sales guy was an absolute legend) and they'll move heaven and earth to make you happy.

Anyway...that's why I didn't plump for the GTS! :lol:
I was in a similar position, hadn’t had any issues with the SD but was worried I could have due to reduced mileage. Decided to change and every time I specced the S I ended up close to GTS price - continued this logic until I got to the TPP!

The configurator makes it too easy to spend money

:roll:
Its not just the Confuserator that does that.

We add £5k
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

...and then some!
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Good story GMan and good outcome. All Macans are a good drive and sounds like you have a car to enjoy, it not all about power, not that an S lacks it. Any plans to get some miles on it to savour the experience (and sound now ;) )?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Ferdie wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm Good story GMan and good outcome. All Macans are a good drive and sounds like you have a car to enjoy, it not all about power, not that an S lacks it. Any plans to get some miles on it to savour the experience (and sound now ;) )?
Hi Ferdie

It'll get given some country runs I'm sure - I want to also take it over to the Continent but we'll see how we go there. In the meantime, I have to get my missus' paws off it! She likes using it around London. When I get my hands on it, it's permanently in Sport, lowered and running the sports exhaust! It's a shame not to! You're not wrong about the sound too. The other day on start up it set off the car alarm next to it! :lol: