Newbie to Porsche and Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
mikeyleinster

Post by mikeyleinster »

Picked up my new GTS on Wednesday from the guys at Silverstone. Quite a change from my last car which was an RS6 but having had our home broken into to steal the keys and car we just could not face another.

So we are part the way into a road trip - North Oxfordshire to Scotland and into Belfast then Dublin and then home!! So far the GTS is proving one heck of a drivers car. Handling on the Boarders twisty mountain roads was epic as was the sound track. Loving the car !!

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Enjoy the drive.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Col M

Post by Col M »

Should I ever be in the market for a low mileage GTS I guess yours won't be it 😁
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Great choice.

Enjoy your road trip.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome,

Sounds like a great drive :D :D :D
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Where are you visiting when in Northern Ireland? There are a few of us local guys on here.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

mikeyleinster wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:01 pm Picked up my new GTS on Wednesday from the guys at Silverstone. Quite a change from my last car which was an RS6 but having had our home broken into to steal the keys and car we just could not face another.

So we are part the way into a road trip - North Oxfordshire to Scotland and into Belfast then Dublin and then home!! So far the GTS is proving one heck of a drivers car. Handling on the Boarders twisty mountain roads was epic as was the sound track. Loving the car !!
Welcome to our friendly forum. :)

The Macan GTS is a great car. We look forward to seeing pics of your car driving around much of the UK should you care to share some images... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
happy days

Post by happy days »

If you go from Belfast to Dublin there are loads of options. It's motorway all the way, (One toll which costs €1.90) but that's a bit boring.

I would suggest going to Comber and then down the west coast of Strangford Lough (some nice restaurants along the way), then into Newcastle, Kilkeel, Warrenpoint, Newry, then cross the border into Omeath, Carlingford (very pretty medieval old town), along the Cooley Peninsula to Dundalk. If it's nice weather the beach at Blackrock is lovely and sandy.

You have a few options either blast down the motorway, or go via the old road (until only a few years ago this was the main road to Dublin) which takes in Castlebellingham, Dunleer (a visit to Clougherhead is nice) Drogheda, Julianstown, Balbriggan, Swords and then into Dublin.

Ahem*** you won't have to worry about speed cameras in Ireland *** cough cough...
Macan S D
718 S
mikeyleinster

Post by mikeyleinster »

happy days wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:10 am If you go from Belfast to Dublin there are loads of options. It's motorway all the way, (One toll which costs €1.90) but that's a bit boring.

I would suggest going to Comber and then down the west coast of Strangford Lough (some nice restaurants along the way), then into Newcastle, Kilkeel, Warrenpoint, Newry, then cross the border into Omeath, Carlingford (very pretty medieval old town), along the Cooley Peninsula to Dundalk. If it's nice weather the beach at Blackrock is lovely and sandy.

You have a few options either blast down the motorway, or go via the old road (until only a few years ago this was the main road to Dublin) which takes in Castlebellingham, Dunleer (a visit to Clougherhead is nice) Drogheda, Julianstown, Balbriggan, Swords and then into Dublin.

Ahem*** you won't have to worry about speed cameras in Ireland *** cough cough...
Didnt spare the horses on the way down, but due to time constraints had to stick to the motorway, as we needed to be in Dublin for 4pm, and the ferry only docked at 2.30!.....I wish we had had more time on the way down to enjoy the smaller roads and the places en route. The car performed very well indeed.

FullSizeRender.jpg

[attachment=1]FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

happy days

Post by happy days »

Great stuff!
Macan S D
718 S